Size/class - Deluxe
    New/remould/redeco - Redeco
    Released here - May, 2017
    Approximate Retail Price – $25
    Approximate Size - cm
    Allegiance - Decepticon
    Alt-modes - Tank^mobile artillery platform
    Main Colours - Maroon, blue, grey
    Main Accessories - cannon, rifle, Titan Master component ("Chasm")

NOTE: This toy is a redeco of Titans Return Hardhead. See Hardhead's review thread for comments/discussions on the original mould, this thread will focus on changes made to the mould.

While it personally doesn't bother me, the alt mode may prove to be a sore point for some fans as it's clearly Hardhead's tank mode which Hasbro have admirably repainted with Quake's colours to make him look as Quake-like as possible. But at the end of the day it is a mobile artillery platform and not a true tank like G1 Quake. But I don't mind it. It's no better or worse than TR Breakaway, only that it's not nearly as bland.

Hasbro have done a really nice job in repainting this toy. It really does scream Quake and it doesn't look bland at all unlike say TR Blurr or Breakaway. Quake's casemates actually all look quite nicely decoed.

I personally prefer to keep Quake's cannon resting on his back rather than mounted on the shoulder, just to make him look a bit more different than Hardhead. The head looks so much like Quake's, and Chasm's arms even work well in emulating Quake's antennae; a good use of what I normally find an irritating feature on these "shoehorned Headmasters."

And this leads me to my only gripe about this toy: I wish it weren't a Headmaster. I would've much preferred Quake to be made in the same vein as Generations Scoop and be a Double-Targetmaster in his own right.

Chasm
    Obviously the Transtector's robot face is different, but otherwise Chasm is a repaint of Furos. The arms and legs are grey out of necessity, but I would've liked the chest and head to have been repainted to resemble Tiptop or Heater... I think Heater's chest & head colours would work better with the grey limbs. This is also probably one of the few times where a Generations figure's new Nebulan partner has been given a new name that is actually better than its G1 counterpart(s)! Let's face it, Heater and Tiptop are silly names (as are Sunbeam and Zigzag - Spinister seems to have been the only 1988 Decepticon Targetmaster whose Nebulans actually had decent names ).

Overall
    A really nice redeco. Had this toy been released as BotCon or club exclusive figure then I reckon people would be jumping all over it to pay top dollar for it. Here Hasbro has released this toy as a regular store figure, although Hasbro Australia seems to have dropped the ball in ordering the initial assortment, possibly making this figure hard to find here. But it is quite a nice toy and a worthy addition to my CHUGUR collection. Recommended.

He has a really small face, other than that nice redeco

I'm a loaf of bread!
    I can't walk in a straight line!
    I can keep you warm!
    I'm a ray of sunshine!

*sigh* Decepticons... retreat

Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
    He has a really small face
    G1 accurately so!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    I'm a loaf of bread!
    I can't walk in a straight line!
    I can keep you warm!
    I'm a ray of sunshine!

*sigh* Decepticons... retreat

FatalityPitt Guest

I voted 'No'. But never say never.

I have no plans on buying Quake. It's not that I dislike him and/or think he's a bad toy, he's just not that necessary to me. I have no real emotional attachment to the character, and I already have Hardhead. The mold is excellent and has a lot of play value, but it's a ride I only need to experience once. Maybe I'll get him if I accidentally lose or break Hardhead. Otherwise, I'll leave him on pegs for someone else.

I had another look at Quake today online, and I'm warming up to him
    It;s his paint apps that are winning him over for me

I had this one when I was a kid, I might pick it up if I see it around.

The mould is just too distinctively "Hardhead" for me. The repaint is well considered, but he's still an easy pass for me.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

i picked him up acouple of days ago and find him to be better in robot mode than hardhead, which makes me like him more

Like most, I don't have much emotional attachment aside from his minor appearance in the original Marvel US Comics as a background character while other obscure characters like Krok and Fangry were getting lines. He's been one the those characters I'd like to get a Classicsverse-version in, and realistic knew that getting a unique mould for him would never happen. Between having a Classics Warpath repaint with two Targetmasters or TR Hardhead, this has turned out to be the preferred option. Hasbro has done a fantastic job with the repaint, and I love the mix of colours. He just makes for an excellent Decepticon grunt.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!