Thread: 2018 Transformers Hall of Fame voting

Default 2018 Transformers Hall of Fame voting

Looks like the Transformers Hall of Fame vote is happening again this year, and there are two categories, with select (American) fansites privately invited once again to participate in round one.
    This first round has fans submit nominations, to be sent in to Hasbro by the end of this week. Since this was only announced on the 12th, the cut-off for the posting of nominations is just a mere two days (which is some time tonight, our time).
    The second round will come later, and should have Hasbro posting up a short list for each of the two categories, for fans to vote on in some way. (probably facebook again this year)
    The results of that vote are likely to be announced at SDCC next month.

Category 1 - Favourite Transformers Fictional Robot character
    Category 2 - Favourite Hasbro Transformers toy of 2018

(just like last year, they are wanting people voting on the best toy of the year, before the first half of the year is over... which misses out on a lot of toys, including the annual Titan toy)

FatalityPitt Guest

Only select American fan sites can participate in the first round huh? dang. I can't participate in part two either because I deleted my facebook account. If I could vote, my picks would be:

Cat 1: Devastator (no combiners are in the Hall of Fame yet. Having been the first combiner to appear in the original cartoons, Devastator deserves the honour)
    Cat 2: PotP Optimus Prime

The 2018 Transformers Hall of Fame voting is now on, for just five days (until July 15th US time), so if you are on Facebook, follow the instructions in the Hasbro Facebook posting to have your say on who will be inducted this year - to be announced at SDCC on July 19th.

Favourite Transformers Character - BW Blackarachnia, Unicron, Omega Supreme
    Transformers toy of the year - Studio Series Blackout, POTP Leader Optimus, POTP Battleslash/Roadtrap.

BW blackarachnia should win this hands down, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    BW blackarachnia should win this hands down, right?
    Agreed, but Unicron would be a big draw to a wider age range.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

What happens if the toy wins the hall of fame??????

I voted omega supreme.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

The winners/inductees for 2018 were announced at yesterday's Hasbro panel at SDCC...

HALL OF FAME
    Favourite Character - BLACKARACHNIA
    Toy of the Year - ROADTRAP AND BATTLESLASH
    Hall of Fame inductee 2018 - JOHN BARBER

(I actually thought Unicron would win the character category... while the toy of the year was probably close between Optimus and the Duocon pair. It would have been Predaking if this was done at the end of the year and included all of the 2018 toys. Hasbro should do the fan-vote in February for the previous years toys, to give people time to get the last few of the year, and then maybe sit on the results until SDCC.)

Good to see Blackarachnia win, she was my choice.

I guess I'm the only person that feels Battletrap could have been much better than he was.

I like the concept of Battle Trap, I agree, there is something off about the execution. I find the combined mode hard to articulate meaningfully, especially the legs.

John Barber has done a lot for transformers in Comics over the last decade, a worthy entry. I'd still like to see the writers of the original TV score be recognised.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)