Page 18 of 63 FirstFirst ... 813141516171819202122232838 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Definitive Comic collection from Hachette now in Australia

If someone is willing to help, tfw2005 member tk1998 is looking for someone in Australia to send this series to them. This was over PMs so can't link it, but they might just be after the first few issues. That might have changed since December though.

If you want more info, just contact (preferably) them or me. Thanks.
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/members/tk1998.122568/

Next delivery due tomorrow for me.

1: Power Play
    26: War and Peace

I can't wait for power play. While obviously we've all read US 1-4, being able to read the UK material in print..... it will be wonderful
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

bowspearer Guest

Not sure if spoiler warning are required here as these issues are all out overseas and listed on Wikipedia.If so, consider yourself warned.

Anyone else starting to get the feeling that they're deliberately going to hold off on getting us the last of issues 1-24 until the very end of the run?

Issue 30 is confirmed as "Titans Returns Part 1" already and by that point, they'll have only given us 9 issues of the original Marvel UK/US run and its conclusion. That storyline is barely a year old, if that and we're already getting it when the whole point of this was meant to be allowing people to get stuff that is old and out of print.

To top it off, they've already started shifting Marvel UK/US volumes back in place of newer stuff: Issue 8 was originally "Perchance to Dream", Issue 11 was meant to be "Legacy of Unicron" and Issue 13 "The Cosmic Carnival". Instead they were swapped out for "Hearts of Steel", "The Iron Fist" and "Dark Cybertron: Part 1".

The whole thing seems to have been done so blatantly, that it's almost like Hachette had an "oh crap, we're being too blatant about it" moment, because issues 33,34 and 35 are "New Order", "Dinobot Hunt", and "Destiny" respectively.

The whole release order is really starting to look dodgy - it's almost as if they know once those 24 issues go, they've lost a massive chunk of their subscribers so they're trying to string them along for as long as possible and force them to get a heap of stuff they don't want, to get what they do.

I knew there'd be a bit of that, but when they're giving us TPBs of some of IDW's most recent stories before they're even giving us half of the early stuff, then it really is starting to look dodgy.

Of course they are. They want to make money. The point of this wasn't to give us old stuff that's out of print since most of it is in print in IDW Classics volumes, the point was to have a "complete" G1 collection.

bowspearer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Of course they are. They want to make money.
    Like I said, I expected it to some degree, but this is going well and truly beyond the pale.

If I was them, I would have held off most of the Marvel Us/Uk stuff to the end, that we got volume 1 this week instead of this time next year surprises me more than that they are putting out some recent IDW stuff.

I'd personally also like to get the earlier volumes, but I signed up knowing and budgeting for the fact that I'd have to get all of them to get the ones I actually need.

Really I signed up just for the Marvel US & UK series, but I'm really enjoying everything else... I keep asking myself 'man, why oh why didn't Michael Bay use the IDW stuff as movie material?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Next delivery due tomorrow for me.
    I only just got my email today, for a delivery tomorrow... I wonder why they are splitting up the shipments now. (my credit card shouldn't have been an issue)
    They used to send the notifications and books all at once before this shipment.