Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers 1986 Movie anniversary day (Australia) - DEC 26th

The TF 1986 Movie is pretty much the only the only part of the G1 cartoon I can watch the whole way through, and actually LIKE watching. I can quote SO Many scenes.

"Ironhide, I need you to make a special run to Autobot City on Earth"
    "But Prahm!"
    "Listen Ironhide, we don't have enough energon to power a full scale assault!"

"Jazz to Moon Base 2, Jazz to Moon Base 2!"
    "Bumblebee and Spike Here!"

"Laserbeak returns, Megatron"

"I've got better things to do tonight then DIE!"

"One day, an Autobot will rise from our ranks... and use the Power of the Matrix, to Light our Darkest Hour... until that day... til, all, are... one...."

"Now light our darkest hour!"

"This is the end of the road, Galvatron!"

And of course...

"One shall stand, one shall fall!"
    "Why throw away your life so recklessly?"
    "Thats a question you should ask yourself Megatron!"
    "NO! I'll crush you with my BARE HANDS!!!"
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

It was so well written. My favourite exchange was after UM destroyed most of their vessel to trick the attacking Decepticons into thinking they were dead:

Arcee: "Did we have to let him detonate 3/4 of the ship?"
    Springer: "Seeing as how they would've detonated 4/4, I think it was a good choice"

Gold!!

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Officially I first watched the movie in 2002, on a VHS I ordered with my girlfriends credit card....when watching it turns out I had watched it before in New Zealand. TV3 were kind enough to chop it up into 30 minute episodes and show it along with the rest of the reruns, around 1996/97.

I've seen some pretty damn good movies, but I reckon this is still my favourite movie of all time. It was absolutely mindblowing at the time and more than passes the test of time as entertainment today. (not that the bar is set that high these days )

Megatran Guest

Does the movie pass the Bechdel test?

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    Does the movie pass the Bechdel test?
    Cue a spike in googles for Bechdel. Don't recall another fembot in the 86 movie except Arcee so it doesn't meet the criteria.

The first time I saw TFTM, it was on TV in the toy department of a SOGO department store.

I was immediately captivated by the introduction of new characters, death of familiar ones, the superior animation (compared to the TF cartoons) and Unicron's transformation sequence (wow!). Also disappointed that the other combiner teams didn't show up during the movie.

IMO, it has definitely aged well compared to the rest of US G1. Recently rewatched G1 Season 1 for the first time, and don't think I want to do it again.

Bechdel test? I had to look that up. I'd say no, since there is only one, if the non-human Arcee counts. I've never even noticed that there were virtually no females in the movie before today.
    Recent Acquisitions: MP-53+B Dia Burnout
    (Pre-)ordered: Missing Link C-02
    Wants: Encore Headmasters!

Got home from work his arvo, my neighbour was with her son in the street. He was riding his new bike, sporting Autobot insignias. Apparently he's been getting into TFs a bit lately. She told me she bought the first live action film but found it a bit too extreme for him (he's only about 5). I went inside and got my copy of the '86 movie on DVD and gave it to them to loan. Hopefully get another fan hooked early!

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

I think so... Just went through the Canberra Times newspaper archive & 26/12/86 was its first screening in Canberra. I actually went to see Labyrinth 1st & saw Transformers in January. 3 most memorable moments 1."Did he just swear in a Transformers cartoon?!?" ...yes I remember Spike swearing in the cinema! 2.Crying at Primes death. 3.Unicron, that is one mother of a robot. ...A death Star that transforms? Hell yes!

I remember watching this and G.I.Joe the movie back to back and i hated then how Hasbro made me and my cousins cry on the death of Optimus and almost nearly, Duke (which I thought was goner as well since they killed Optimus)