Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New second-tier toyline for 2018 - Transformers Authentics

Looks like the Authentics line will have two sizes, similar to the Cyber series (Battalion & Commander), as a larger sized Optimus and Bumblebee have been found on the Hasbro website (looking like they have the same engineering, but just upsized with a couple extra joints).
    The larger size is said to be about 7 inches (about 17cm - the size of a Voyager), and the product numbers match up with the mystery "project storm" items that were leaked a couple weeks ago.

It also suggests that the Authentics Grimlock toy that was leaked a few weeks back, that was assumed to be wave 2 of the smaller size, now looks to be part of this new larger range.

The London Toyfair has wrapped up and it was noticed that the new character artwork for this Authentics toyline (which is being called Evergreen Branding artwork), was everywhere for Transformers... particularly for licensed materials.

This actually isn't that unusual, as Hasbro tries to have a unified look for their Brand when license-holders are producing products to sell, and every few years Hasbro updates their overall visual elements of their licensing (character art, trims and logo), and it looks like this Authentics/Evergreen art and trim will be on everything this year (a lot of licensed items have already been seen or revealed with this new character artwork and trim on them).
    Something for fans to look out for here, or get used to, after the RID imagery and character art disappears.

Sorry if this is old news, but I saw the Authentics at Woolies today.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Which size class Goktimus? The smaller ones for $7-8 or the larger size class?
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Me too. Saw Starscream and Optimus.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post

They were first sighted two months ago, at the beginning of April.

(I need to update the checklist, so that people can keep track of these things. )