View Poll Results: GEN-15 VOY Silverbolt - worth buying?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 69.23%
  • Only if...

3 23.08%
  • Not worth it

0 0%
  • Not even interested

1 7.69%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toy Review - GEN-15 VOY Silverbolt (combiner)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I'm curious, why is everyone posing G1 Silverbolt with Superions chest shield attached?
    Because he looks utterly crap without it -just a red chest and not much else

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I'm curious, why is everyone posing G1 Silverbolt with Superions chest shield attached?
    Also cartoon model and box art accuracy

Fair enough, I always thought the slimline chest of Silverbolt gave more of a comparative massiveness to Superion.

I thought the chest plate restricted the already simple articulation of silverbolt as well.

I also think silverbolt with the chest plate looks a bit like Superion without pants on...
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

It's a bit like Coneheads... cartoon and some artwork have the cones, while the toys instructions and original boxart have no cones.

It would make more sense NOT to have Superion's chestpiece (like the other combiner cores), but this one looks like something is missing without it.
    I usually prefer toy-accuracy with mine (so my coneheads have no cones), but in the case of Silverbolt, the toys are both, so I go with the option that looks better.

On a side note, the Universe/Henkei Silverbolt had sculpting on the shoulders to match the Gen1 version having the chestpiece on.

And the newer Silverbolt's torso mode matches the edges of the shield of the G1 version, only just noticed...

The designers did amazing job reimagining Silverbolt/Superion while referencing the original...

And here's my video review for the Combiner Wars Silverbolt too!

http://youtu.be/mgFry8jzrJI

I think I prefer the Optimus over this, but still a fairly decent figure for this price range and scale.

I gotthis guy, and he is awesome! His legs kinda remind me of Cybertron Starscream. His weakest mode is definitely jet mode, his arms dont peg in ANywhere, this just sit ghere. Robotmode is gorgeous, as is combined mode, even thoughnI onky have offroad to combinehim with. Overral very nice toy highly recommended
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGalvatron View Post
    I gotthis guy, and he is awesome! His legs kinda remind me of Cybertron Starscream. His weakest mode is definitely jet mode, his arms dont peg in ANywhere, this just sit ghere. Robotmode is gorgeous, as is combined mode, even thoughnI onky have offroad to combinehim with. Overral very nice toy highly recommended
    his arms peg into his wings, holding both them and his arms in place.