• No

0 0%
  • Only if

2 6.06%
  • Zero interest

3 9.09%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - MP-18 Masterpiece Streak

I got both Prowl and Streak on the same delivery. I opened Streak first. Joints were really tight. was scare at some point Id break it while transforming in bot mode. As with everyone I like the paintjob, although, in some areas it's just plain gray plastic. The engineering on how they executed the lower legs is awesome. Can't believe how they pulled it off. Needless to say I had an easier time transforming Prowl. Plus Prowl's joints was less tight. Im just disappointed a bit coz my prowl has a scratch on the bonnet. in some angles its not visible coz he's mostly white. Im so getting the launchers for both of them. When is Dr. Wu coming out with their press released launcher versions? I want to have a variant launcher for Streak...
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

It seems to me there is more effort on the Nissans than the Lambor range. By this I meant the quality control.

Got Streak and Smokescreen today -- haven't opened Smokescreen yet but I've been playing Streak all day. (see pics here )

See my comments on MP Prowl about my thoughts about the MP Nissan mould in general, I'll just cover the differences here. As others have noted, Streak is the visually least striking of the three MP Nissans, but I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing. Bluestreak is meant to be a regular Nissan Fairlady 280Z-T, not a police car or race car, so naturally he's not gonna be decorated in as much vehicle bling as Prowl or Smokescreen. But I like that, because it makes him more like a 'robot in disguise' as just a regular street car, which is what the original Bluestreak was like anyway. And if anything, MP Bluestreak's vehicle mode is less bland than the original G1's because it does have the black bonnet and roof that offsets the rest the silver of the rest of the vehicle.

I quite like the look of the default launchers on Bluestreak, because that's how they were drawn in the cartoon, and unlike Prowl, Bluestreak was more commonly seen with his launchers so I see them as being a more iconically Bluestreak thing. I'm gonna give the Amazon launcher to Prowl so he'll have the two more toy-inspired launchers - I also like having all three MP Nissans having different launchers too.

I still don't think the MP cars are worth full RRP so I would personally only recommend them if you can get them for under RRP.
    Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 4th January 2014 at 12:15 AM.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I think 5200yen plus shipping is reasonable?

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    I think 5200yen plus shipping is reasonable?
    I reckon so. The RRP for this toy is 6090JPY (AU$65).

Comparison pics between all 3 MP Nissans w/ G1, BT and Classicsverse posted on the MP Nissans Comparison Thread

Streak was the last of the Nissans I got. Glad I did get him but I prefer the police paintjob of Prowl and I like how Smokescreen is differentiated from the rest somewhat. Like the other two, quite a good transformation and great detail in both modes.

That said, Streak has one of the most young and kinda noble faces I have seen on a Transformer toy! He could be a bot-model with a Chevy-Chase like that Only thing that could have made it better was if he was sporting a big grin since he is such a cheerful chatterbox

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    That said, Streak has one of the most young and kinda noble faces I have seen on a Transformer toy! He could be a bot-model with a Chevy-Chase like that Only thing that could have made it better was if he was sporting a big grin since he is such a cheerful chatterbox
    I prefer neutral facial expressions as it allows you to play various emotions on the character rather than having a constantly pre-determined emotion sculpted on the face. Also, remember that Bluestreak's jolly disposition is something that he uses to mask his emotional pain; similar to IDW Swerve, although for entirely different reasons. While Swerve presents a jovial persona to hide his low sense of self-worth and poor self-image, Bluestreak does it to suppress emotional pain born from experiencing the ongoing conflict and violence which he hates. I think the MP facial sculpt works well in showcasing Bluestreak's propensity for being a chummy fellow, but at the same time serious enough to make his deeper underlying persona evident as well.

If i had to rate them

Bluestreak
    Prowl
    Smokescreen

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    If i had to rate them

Bluestreak
    Prowl
    Smokescreen
    Pfft. What do you know. Smokescreen is always first
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain