Page 26 of 154 FirstFirst ... 61621222324252627282930313646 ... LastLast

Thread: Lego Acquisitions

I think it is TRU exclusive. I haven't seen any other special offers anywhere else.

GP: Is the minifig on the keychain "glued" together. Or are they exactly like a minifig just with a metal keyring? I needs me a Robin and I'm not keen on paying $35 for the Robin & Penguin playset.

Quote Originally Posted by piratescratch View Post
    Is the keyring a Toys 'R' Us exclusive? I've been wanting to pick up Lego Batman for the Wii.
    Apparently you can also get it at EBGames, but I'm not 100% sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Stompy View Post
    GP: Is the minifig on the keychain "glued" together. Or are they exactly like a minifig just with a metal keyring?
    I think the head is glues to the mask, but the head can rotate on the torso. The legs are glued on, but they can move. The hands are just in the arms like a normal minifig.
    I think the key chain goes through the head and to the neck part, I tried unscrewing it but I don't think it is a screw in.

I needs me a Robin and I'm not keen on paying $35 for the Robin & Penguin playset.
    Try this
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Has anyone seen this in the stores yet? (My "Hot Rod itch" needs to be scratched... )

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Looks good, but also looks to be twice the price it should.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

Couldn't resist any longer. On clearance at Kmart and with the extra 20% off ...

Thanks GP. But after playing more of Lego Batman videogame I'm in love with those tiny penguins. I might pick up that set now. Damn cross-marketing.

Pulse: That set might be an exclusive. Maybe at TRU or Myer. They tend to get exclusive sets more than Kmart or Target.

I noticed that the latest wave of Lego sets have been 8495 and 8154. Both Racers Tiny Turbo's sets. I found them to be severly overpriced for what you get. 8495 is $70!!! and 8154 is $120!!! I thought the licesned sets (Star Wars, Indy, Batman) were expensive but these bigger Racers sets are just rip-offs. I did splash out on 8495 after a 20% discount. $55 is still too expensive for what it is. Go grab the Speed Racer sets instead.

Enjoy that set Zippo. Creator vehicles are always impressive. The engineering for the converting roof is so simple yet oh so elegant and ingenious.

That's a great set, Zippo. Surprises me though, that's one of this year's sets already on clearance!?! I think it was just released 3 months ago.

Yeah, my sister wants those sets badly, Stompy. 8495 or 8154 though seem fair value given the number of pieces each have. 8154 works out to be 11c per piece which is very fair value compared to Agents or City. 8495 is 14c per piece. So yes, 8495 is overpriced relatively. But if you grab them at sale prices (15 to 20% off) then you'll get it below that.

Both are available at K-Mart this week:
    8495 : $59.50 = 12c per piece
    8154 : $102 = slightly less than 10c per piece

But Lego doesn't move as fast as Transformers. These sets should still be available next year so I'm in no rush to grab them for my sister. (Not to mention that she's not on holidays yet)
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Stompy View Post
    <snip>

Pulse: That set might be an exclusive. Maybe at TRU or Myer. They tend to get exclusive sets more than Kmart or Target.

<snip>
    Thanks for the heads-up Mate (I hope Myer haven't increased their Lego at the same percentage as their TFs... )

Quote Originally Posted by Pulse View Post
    Thanks for the heads-up Mate (I hope Myer haven't increased their Lego at the same percentage as their TFs... )
    EDIT
    I don't believe it's in stores. The 10000s all tend to be very rare in the main market and are designed for the collectors online. I've been looking at the Star Justice set (another online only set) for a while now but not very likely to show up on the mass market unless its part of a massive sale. The last ones were Lego Town Plan and Lego Eiffel Tower that were high-end Myer exclusives during the mid year sales. Neither set are around any more though so availability of such sets is short sharp.

But I'm only knew to Lego so I can't say for sure.
    Last edited by STL; 19th October 2008 at 11:33 PM.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

I haven't seen it up here in Syd yet either (If I do stumble across one, I hope it won't be priced too expensive... *crosses fingers*)