Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pre Toyfair investor event - the future direction of the Brand

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    *Sniffles, wipes snot from nose* - Okay...
    A moment of silence for Bot Shots Soundwave, in the name of Hursti. Sorry dude.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    A moment of silence for Bot Shots Soundwave, in the name of Hursti. Sorry dude.
    Hehe, it's all good dude but it does suck quite a bit as he was the ONLY Botshot figure I was looking forward to ; it's absolutely staggering that Hasbro would forget about the character and how blatantly obvious a fit he'd be for the line , only to leave it SO late in the development/life of the line that he'd be nixed after having prototype photos shown off at last year.

Who knows, the line is doing rather well in Japan I hear so he may just find his way to me via Takara.

Having another look over the Investor Event, I saw this slide that was SUPPOSED to be promoting the increase of employee numbers in new foreign Markets (which would be a good thing for the company)... but instead, what stands out more in that graph is how many jobs they've slashed in just 5 years (about 1000, or about 15%), both in America and in existing foreign Markets (like ours).
    Who ever did up that slide should have just shown the figures of just the new foreign Markets, as they ended up making Hasbro look really bad for killing off their employee numbers, and not one for investing in *Human* resources.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Having another look over the Investor Event, I saw this slide that was SUPPOSED to be promoting the increase of employee numbers in new foreign Markets (which would be a good thing for the company)... but instead, what stands out more in that graph is how many jobs they've slashed in just 5 years (about 1000, or about 15%), both in America and in existing foreign Markets (like ours).
    Who ever did up that slide should have just shown the figures of just the new foreign Markets, as they ended up making Hasbro look really bad for killing off their employee numbers, and not one for investing in *Human* resources.
    To be fair a GFC did happen, and most of the lost jobs look to be taken straight out of the US.

But Hasbro didn't cut back until 2012, when we lost a lot of the Transformers people and other departments (according to BotCon and fansite reports in the last year).

And even if the GFC, or some other factor made it necessary, my main point was that they should have hidden it from that particular slide, because the smaller blue bar was more noticeable than the bigger orange bar.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    And even if the GFC, or some other factor made it necessary, my main point was that they should have hidden it from that particular slide, because the smaller blue bar was more noticeable than the bigger orange bar.
    Yeah, doesn't look too good.

As for why they cut the jobs in the first place. I felt like they kept their head in the sand when the market crashed, and only reacted years later with job cuts and cost cutting.