Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: G1 Mould Shattered Glass Exclusives.

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    G1 characters maybe, but are they g1 molds?
    That artwork looks awfully like the SG soundwave they just released, right down to the headband. And given that the cassette Dino's haven't been reissued (KO don't count) it seems unlikely to release them this way
    The dino casette is Slugfest, who was re-released as part of the Encore 17 cassette set.

It's the combiner Headmaster dinos that were never re-released (lost/destroyed mold).
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Just curious, why is Rewind/Eject hovering saintly whilst emanating holy light? I thought SG Autobots were evil?

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    G1 characters maybe, but are they g1 molds?
    That artwork looks awfully like the SG soundwave they just released, right down to the headband. And given that the cassette Dino's haven't been reissued (KO don't count) it seems unlikely to release them this way
    The Gen1 moulds are still current, as they were only just used last year (for the tape decks and 4 of the tapes) and about 3 years ago (for Overkill). (it's not the combiner dinos... but that would be awesome)

They are just doing a Shattered Glass colouring, which is something the BotCon surveys have been asking for a few years now (if we'd want Gen1 toys redecoed).
    With the recent partnership between FunPub and Ehobby, the collector club now has another avenue to getting their toy ideas produced (as Hasbro are difficult to get too many things done in a reasonable amount of time). It feels like FunPub are just getting greedy, and have turned to a second source for their toy ideas. Ehobby can more easily get access to Gen1 moulds, so now FunPub can sell more toys based on its Shattered Glass Universe. They first had access to Classicverse moulds with Hasbro, and now they get access to Gen1 moulds and any other mould that Hasbro weren't easily willing to access or approve.

I think there has been a bit of overkill with the tapes and tape-decks lately... but there is always some interest in Gen1 moulds, which would make them sell well if they do a decent colouring... based on something a little more interesting than FunPub's own (fanfic) comic.

And FunPub are still hocking off their last product line.... now it's just gonna be a continuous sale of toys by them, with the Club and Convention in the background, as half-assed efforts (since the toys are their main money earner).

Interesting about Funpub and e-Hobby. I wonder if we will see even more Masterpieces coming out. E-Hobby love those things...

Is it known what's happening with the comic? Will there be a Japanese exclusive version too?
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    Just curious, why is Rewind/Eject hovering saintly whilst emanating holy light? I thought SG Autobots were evil?
    My first thought was Primus/Emirate Xaaron... so maybe it's a "neutral", leaving both tape decks with just two cassettes each out of the 7-pack set.

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    The dino casette is Slugfest, who was re-released as part of the Encore 17 cassette set.
    I was thinking it was Overkill because it had a long tail, because too much of it is hidden behind Soundwave. I just tried looking up both Slugfest and Overkill, and only Slugfest shows up, in that orange/grey colour... so Slugfest it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Me View Post
    Solar Requiem - G1 mould Shattered Glass Soundwave, Batbot, Slugfest, Blaster, Ramhorn, Rewind and Eject.
    Looks like it's just as I said, except that there's only one humanoid Autobot cassette. Blue Ramhorn is gorgeous.

The cassettes recoulors are ok, but the tape deck coloring is blaaaaaaand as! Easy pass for me.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    The cassettes recoulors are ok, but the tape deck coloring is blaaaaaaand as! Easy pass for me.
    Agreed, SG Blaster's grey makes him looks like he's on his death bed.

I am undecided by these, I have never been a fan of the SG stuff.. There is a lot of pastelly Colour there that is hard to get excited over.... If they include the rewind/eject in a gold chrome that might be more interesting .......
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy