Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Hasbro Masterpiece Sunstorm!

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Just to reiterate Trent's point, some people like the boxes and even keep them MISB (which is ludicrous ) But on a serious note, to each their own, and at the end of the day we are all fans
    Which is why you would just buy all Takara and be the end of it?

I don't think there is a dispute, all collectors are different. For me as long as it looks and is the original, I get the affordable unless there is a main feature one of them lacks over the other.

A good example is mp-01, hell no I be getting Optimus with the short smoke stacks.

I hope they colour it differently to the Tak/Tomy version, I was always irked by the fact that the Tak/Tomy version had 2 different coloured sections.
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

Quote Originally Posted by Fungal Infection View Post
    I hope they colour it differently to the Tak/Tomy version, I was always irked by the fact that the Tak/Tomy version had 2 different coloured sections.
    I always think Hasbro's painting is never as good as the takara's one.
    But its still acceptable.

It be interesting as they will release the Nissan cars, it be interesting to see if the paint work is any good.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    I always think Hasbro's painting is never as good as the takara's one.
    But its still acceptable.
    MP03 is a big exception here. Hasbro's version totally trumps Takara's... not only in looks, but also better plastic quality. Hasbro's Soundwave and Cassettes aren't really any better or worse than TakTOM's -- it's all a matter of personal taste. Hasbro's Soundwave appeals to those who prefer toy accuracy whereas TakTOM's goes for cartoon likeness. Although Hasbro's QA on Soundwave's visor isn't as good (re: crazy eye circles). Hasbro's MP Grimlock is also almost the same as TakTOM's. The inclusion of the crown over the brain scanner/waiter kit is a big plus for me as I'm a bigger fan of the G1 comics than the cartoon (but of course TakTOM's is better for cartoon fans, and their limited exclusive version for fans of Nel Yomtov ).

Nice. If it comes in around the $100 mark ala Acid Storm, he'll definitely be considered.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Nice. If it comes in around the $100 mark ala Acid Storm, he'll definitely be considered.

our dollar has dropped quite a bit since acid storm's release...who knows what they'll charge now!

Megatran Guest

Better still if its release coincides with a 25% OFF SALE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    MP03 is a big exception here. Hasbro's version totally trumps Takara's... not only in looks, but also better plastic quality. Hasbro's Soundwave and Cassettes aren't really any better or worse than TakTOM's -- it's all a matter of personal taste. Hasbro's Soundwave appeals to those who prefer toy accuracy whereas TakTOM's goes for cartoon likeness. Although Hasbro's QA on Soundwave's visor isn't as good (re: crazy eye circles). Hasbro's MP Grimlock is also almost the same as TakTOM's. The inclusion of the crown over the brain scanner/waiter kit is a big plus for me as I'm a bigger fan of the G1 comics than the cartoon (but of course TakTOM's is better for cartoon fans, and their limited exclusive version for fans of Nel Yomtov ).
    Hasbro Starscream at the time is far better then Greenscream but it still goes for the original G1 toy colors whereas the new takara MP11 colors are much more show accurate same as their Collection 9 G1 Starscream reissue. Both my Hasbro/Takara Soundwave's have the eye circles I think that's from the molding of the plastic as it has 2 pegs that attach it to the head which is what the circles probably are. Hasbro Rumble/Frenzy use white screws/pins which stick out a lot more then the black ones on Takara but it's a minor issue.

Dunno why they're releasing another minor char, I want a decent Skywarp damn it. It'd actually look better in toy colors too, I know they did universe Skywarp but that's the old mold. I guess the Hasbro Sunstorm will sell better since it'll be cheaper maybe it doesn't come with a cape at that price range.

The cape should be for starscream alone, if Hasbro does a release on mp11 perhaps I will display my mp03 Hasbro in plane mode. Also people would jump on board because the Sunstorm becomes affordable, if its at $150 or so, it may turn people off to buy the Takara version instead.

I never got around to getting Thundercracker or Acid Storm, starting to wish I had because having the lot would look damn impressive and I quite liked Sunstorm in the DW comics