Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pre Toyfair investor event - the future direction of the Brand

Default Pre Toyfair investor event - the future direction of the Brand

Most of the good stuff has appeared in separate topic here already, but for the rest of it, the Investor presentation has been held, and we have some snippits of upcoming 2014 info... including Movie stuff, so be careful of spoilers if you go check the info and pics.

Potential Movie spoilers ahead....

New movie lines will carry on till 2017.
    What? Three years of movie toys. The third movie toys didn't go beyond 12 months. We know that a new TV show is coming out within the next year, and should have a toyline, but I hope this doesn't mean their focus will be on Movie and Cartoon toys... dropping the classic homage toys completely.

One of the first images shows a breakup of their key demographics...
    2-4 years - Rescue Bots (including our first look at wave 3 figurines Optimus and "T-Rex".
    4-10 years - Kreo, Construct-Bots, and (mainline)
    18+ years - Generations (??? maybe reworking that label to be for things like Masterpiece and high-priced collectibles)

revealed 11 minutes of Transformers: Age Of Extinction footage to the Investors at the event. The media who attended online were not shown the video. The attendees were told not to write or record the footage and warned that security is monitoring with Infrared Goggles.
    The fans at the event were part of the Media, so claim to have not seen it. If they did, they look to have been told not to talk about it at all.

(quote) The first movie was about a boy who gets the car to get the girl, this movie (Age Of Extinction) is a truck to needs a friend to save the world. All new Transformers characters and the introduction of Dinobots straight from the Transformers Mythology.(unquote)

I had to quote that differently to hide a possible plot spoiler.

Transformers: Generations will continue on for the collectors.
    Good to hear... but we know that the Movie toys will be packaged as Generations, so not necessarily a confirmation that more Classic homages will come (after the ones on the leaked Hasbro database).

Girls love nerf.... What the?
    Well, we gotta have some equality with the gun obsession in America... I mean, I get tired of hearing on the news about all the boys taking guns to school.

Hasbro is really excited about Transformers: Age Of Extinction.

Well of course they are... the last three movie years have been the best profit years for Hasbro since they began. I doubt it is excitement about the product, as if it is anything good... it's just excitement in all the sales they will see in the next 5 months (from pre-sales at Toyfair to restocking during the first two weeks of the movie release).

4 big events:
    • Toy Line will be released this May
    • Cybertron Monday –Midnight madness event to by the AOE toys.
    • Movie Release in June
    • Fall – DVD release.
    I think Cybertron Monday relates to the release date of the toys, and being a media/marketing event to attract attention to the Brand, leading up to the Movie's release at the end of June.
    (note - Fall is our Spring)

New Transformers Video Games will be release in 2014.
    Noting the plural there, but not sure if the Universe game is being counted, or if we will see more than one platform game this year.

Rescue Bots will Season 3 will feature Dinobot inspired robots.
    A confirmation of season 3, or a typo?
    If it is a third season, it is odd that season 2 was delayed then if it doesn't include the Dino theme (to cash in on its delayed release with the Movie marketing).

HOLY MOLY!!! Transformers: Generations Jetfire and Windblade revealed.
    Seen in our other topic here.

Now it is official (Jetfire). Both TFW & Seibertron have watermarked the image as if it was exclusively obtained by them, or that they own the image.

Transformers: Battle Masters
    Just briefly mentioned, and a single promo image shown... so no details on what series it relates to, if at all.

Seibertron have clearer non-watermarked images of the stills.

I'm not sure what all the stages of denial are but I think I'm up to acceptance. The slide that says Rescue Bots are Boys 2-4, AOE Boys 4-10 and Generations Boys 18+ has made me accept that there will be nothing but Generations and Takara's MP line for me to buy in the future. I doubt I will even be buying non-collector oriented line figures for my character shelves Prime's, Megatron's, Seeker's, Bee's and Soundwave's.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Seibertron have clearer non-watermarked images of the stills.
    Excellent, as I needed some of the toy images... and an odd role reversal of watermarking the official toy images both sites got from the USA Today new article.

They have an extra image in there too for the age/demographic breakdown.
    (all are "boys" - which isn't meant to be prejudicial against girls... it is just noting the majority demographic for the *investors* to recognise where their money is going)
    2-4 - Recruit (Rescue Bots)
    4-10 - Play & Battle (Mainline-Movie)
    18+ - Collect (Generations)

It is odd that there are now two mentions of Generations as a separate label from the Movie line, but the leaked Hasbro database noted the label being used for the main (non-gimmick) movie toys.
    Hopefully it just means that they were just entered into the Database like that for sorting reasons, but will not be the actual label of the packaging.

No mention of BotShots on either site, so maybe that line was axed as well... which might mean, no Soundwave.

Three movie years of one-step, bash 'em action!

I saw the Nerf Rebelle's at Big W, Penrith, before Christmas. Haven't seen them elsewhere. Then again, Nerf isn't my bag of chips

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post

Three movie years of one-step, bash 'em action!
    Providing after the first wave the plastic doesn't feel like dried up paper that was once wet. I can deal with that. So long as they're not these 1-step bits of crud.

As for the nerf stuff, my sister loves it haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythirax View Post
    As for the nerf stuff, my sister loves it haha.

Sister? Sure...

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Sister? Sure...
    Well to be fair we both love it. At the least she's still a kid, where as I'm not haha

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    No mention of BotShots on either site, so maybe that line was axed as well... which might mean, no Soundwave.

Aww... I'll give you a big cuddle tomorrow, Hursticon...

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    Aww... I'll give you a big cuddle tomorrow, Hursticon...
    *Sniffles, wipes snot from nose* - Okay...