Thread: Preview page of Windblade #1

Default Preview page of Windblade #1

The new series (that could be an ongoing if popular enough) starting in April, is Windblade, and a preview of the first page has been released.

Who's looking forward to this new series?
    And who's is not so enthusiastic about this new series?

My feeling/opinion, is that it is similar to the Drift comics - this is a new comic to help sell the new toy, and as such, Windblade is also likely to be an "important, central" character, as Drift was originally made out to be when its toy was released.
    Since Windblade was just introduced in February, there isn't much time for her to be in a supporting role that eventually earns being the centre of attention in just two months, so I guess we'll see what important role she plays, and see if it could have been done by a pre-existing character (which was a criticism of Drift).

(You may have guessed that I'm not a fan of story decisions or directions being made by people (higher up) who are not involved in the writing/editing process of the story itself)

I enjoyed Scott's Rage of the Dinobots but Beast Hunters just dragged. I will be buying this digitally though.

I only started the IDW comics about 2 weeks ago? I've read probably close to 200 of them in that period of time. (Had a fair bit of free time due to some other reasons). I've really gotten into them big time, especially when they're not related to earth at all. So far the only thing I've not been able to stand is Livio Ramondelli's Art. But the cover and page shown in the link you provided, I got to say I really like Sarah Stone's style. So if it keeps true to what's shown, I'm down for it and can't wait.

Looking at the preview page that's one hella wierd flying vehicle and I quite like the panoramic artwork. will be interesting to see what is looks like when it's a full book.

I'm optimistic but cautious. In reading all the interviews over the last few months, I unsderstand that there is some push to increase the involvement of female characters in the Transformers mythos. Which is fine.

Personally i've never really put a lot of stock in s/he when it comes to giant robots, I just hope that this apparent push for "equality" doesn't get in the way of a good story.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Oh wow I didn't notice before, but comparing the toy with the comic image it looks like her figure's turbines will rotate forward as well. Neat!

I agree with UltraMarginal's cautious optimism. It's clearly a toy advertisement but a good writer can turn that into something worthwhile.

I'm optimistic about it.

The creative team is solid with only a few issues behind them, but they've shown they can write good, original stuff loosely based on other properties and the art is good enough to determine who is who every panel and issue.

I only worry about the "Drift" effect of a comic needing to always come back to "look at me". If this is more about Windblade finding her place in a newly formed planet/society it could be an interesting read.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

The IDW Sneak Peek pdf has in it [Spoilers?] : Who is Windblade? In the aftermath of Dark Cybertron, Windblade takes the planet by storm--and Starscream's not happy about her being there! But where did she come from--and what does her secret mean to the future if the Transformers? What it really means though, who knows

I'm keen...she sounds/looks intriguing to me, so looking forward to reading about her adventures and hopefully they'll fill us in on her past.

Not sure if it has been mentioned in another thread but the artwork seems to confirm that the toy will be using the TF Prime Starscream which is cool IMO