Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Bay returns for TF5 as director

Default Michael Bay returns for TF5 as director

For those who missed the news two weeks ago, Michael Bay has confirmed in a Rolling Stones interview that he is directing Transformers... and has said that there will be some filming in Chicago again.

Don't forget that if you have comments to make about Michael Bay's past works or expected works, there is this discussion topic here.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Don't forget that if you have comments to make about Michael Bay's past works or expected works, there is this discussion topic here.
    I also see this thread getting a hearty work out

For those who missed the news two weeks ago, Michael Bay has confirmed in a Rolling Stones interview that he is directing Transformers... and has said that there will be some filming in Chicago again.
    I'll be interested to see how he makes Trump Tower look like it's on Cybertron! Given he did so well *choke* making Chicago look like Hong Kong.

But honestly... is anyone REALLY surprised by this?
    Transformers has been as cash cow for him and he gets to play with all the latest in big boy vehicular toys (and I ain't talking about the plastic crack we all love to collect). What's not to love about directing Transformers if you are Michael Bay?

Oh please... Bay overkill.
    Having re-watched the Bay TF films, I truly appreciated the first one, a bit on the second and much lesser with the subsequent ones as it kinda became quite predictable... especially the last movie which had a lot of gaps in the plot and I didn't quite enjoy the humor.
    It still raked in lots of $$$$ so yeah, I guess that's why Bay's the obvious choice.
    Now if only we could have a more G1-like movie storyline that didn't come with bad jokes and remains a joy to watch even after 2 decades.

Filming in Chicago? Or using cut footage from the third and fourth movies?

And I wonder if it's gonna be another suck-up fest to the Chinese market?

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    I'll be interested to see how he makes Trump Tower look like it's on Cybertron! Given he did so well *choke* making Chicago look like Hong Kong.
    Actually, that was Detroit which he turned into Hong Kong.... complete with a monorail that Hong Kong doesn't even have anywhere.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChlorHex View Post
    Oh please... Bay overkill.
    Having re-watched the Bay TF films, I truly appreciated the first one, a bit on the second and much lesser with the subsequent ones as it kinda became quite predictable... especially the last movie which had a lot of gaps in the plot and I didn't quite enjoy the humor.
    It still raked in lots of $$$$ so yeah, I guess that's why Bay's the obvious choice.
    Now if only we could have a more G1-like movie storyline that didn't come with bad jokes and remains a joy to watch even after 2 decades.
    I have the same view as you, I think I will watch this when is available on the internet or rental shops. Not that I don't support TF movie, but the story line has gone quite flat changing major characters for the humans and also killing off many robots. Someone told me to vote with your wallet, so I be doing just that. No point expressing hate for an ongoing project, so just let them do it, I would appreciate if they don't make prime looking too awful though as I could give the toy a chance.

I hope I have the strength to resist watching it at the cinemas. I will say now I don't want to support this. Must wait for dvd release
    Unfortunately my vote will count for nothing as the rest of the world will fall all over this just like the last time. Initially I will sing praises for the movie and then in time I will grow to hate it

Actually, that was Detroit which he turned into Hong Kong.... complete with a monorail that Hong Kong doesn't even have anywhere.
    My bad - I thought the scene in Central with the Victoria Secret Tram was Chicago because of the overhead traffic lights and ornate sidings...
    What were the towers you can see in the scene behind the Wan Chai "concrete factory" where Optimus fights Lockdown?

Anyways, at least we know Bay can re-use footage from his previous films to cut costs.

I was really hoping for a space based adventure following Optimus but I guess as Bay likes his motorway chases and real pyrotechnics we are going to end up with more of Bumblebee and his Earth adventures with his new buddy Cade... fingers crossed they kill off his daughters boyfriend in the first 5 minutes... I'd pay to watch that in 3D.

Bay would be silly not to pander somewhat to the Chinese & Asian audiences because their inherent love of giant robots and Transformers is always going to make them an easy market, but I really think he could do that without BEING in China (although as Galvatron and the Knight ship are in Hong Kong I guess it does make an interesting starting point... I'd swear 1/2 the taxi's here are Decepticons already).
    Personally I think he under-utilised Hong Kong (I'm happy to consult for you Michael!!) as it has some wicked roads with sharp hair pins and routes so windy you become nauseous along with the numerous tunnels including a few that go through buildings you could destroy quite spectacularly.
    Honestly I wish someone would have the balls to use Australia. I think it lends itself nicely to Transformers in terms of wide open space for insane desert battles and a selection of both rural and urban cities just ripe for some catastrophic destruction while still looking like true gems of beauty to entice potential tourists. And with those long stretches of road you find almost everywhere imagine the road train battle scenes you could do with Optimus/Ultra Magnus/Nemesis Prime/Motormaster/etc.