Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Michael Bay returns for TF5 as director

Spot on Bladestorm. My point is that it was a token gesture and a weak one at that. Despite the yay China! chest beating, you all noticed the actual lack of Chinese military arse kicking and it was in fact the American heroes who saved the day (and Hong Kong).

Michael Bay is well known for his 'murica! brand of film making and isn't afraid of showing it. Hell I enjoy the ride as well. But there was no way he was going to be able to do a similar showcase of the Chinese military kicking arse in Hong Kong because that would really go down like a lead balloon to the US audiences (who are totally not feeling threatened by China or anything).

So all we get is some throwaway lines and Chinese product placements. And now that another forumer mentions it, not even a showcase of US military so as not to irk Chinese audiences. It's a movie which tried to please everyone and suffers for it. I'm really, really hoping TF5 is not another joint venture between Chinese and US studios.

Filming for TF5 will begin in May, so by mid-year we will get our first looks at scenes and maybe some props of robots (like heads on sticks and their car modes).

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire in the sky View Post
    For those who will complain and moan about this please vote with your feet and don't attend this movie at the cinemas. The box office return is the main reason why this destroyer of our love continues to get given the signal to play on.
    Oh I'll be doing that just like I did with AOE but the completist in me will get the DVD so my TF movie collection is up to date.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Filming for TF5 will begin in May, so by mid-year we will get our first looks at scenes and maybe some props of robots (like heads on sticks and their car modes).
    Would that mean the voice actors are in the studio now? )or would be VERY shortly?
    With the last film they had all of Optimus' preliminary dialogue recorded so the on-screen actors could emote to it.

Quote Originally Posted by shockNwave View Post
    Oh I'll be doing that just like I did with AOE but the completist in me will get the DVD so my TF movie collection is up to date.
    Makes sense
    Don't pay for a movie ticket, buy the DVD later

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Rent it or wait for Netflix.

Ehren Kruger is not writing it. That's enough to possibly allow me to go see it at the cinemas.

Smint is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    Ehren Kruger is not writing it. That's enough to possibly allow me to go see it at the cinemas.
    Not me. Bay will invariably mark the movie with his "style". Loud, obnoxious, childish.

I'll remain hopeful for TF6.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Makes sense
    Don't pay for a movie ticket, buy the DVD later
    I call this Fan Obligation. We watch the movies and even collect them because we feel obliged as fans rather than intrinsic enjoyment of these films. It's much like a family gathering where you have to meet that relative that you don't particularly like, but you have to because they're family.

Heck, some of us will even collect certain toys for this reason. It's pretty much the reason why I'm collecting the current RiD line. But in both cases, I will try to get the tickets/toys as cheaply as possible (or for free).
    e.g.
    DotM DVD; got for free*
    AoE DVD; got discounted
    RiD toys; got most non-Legion class figures for free**
    etc.
    And as you know, I use coupons to watch the movies in cinemas for free or discount. I try to avoid or minimise paying for these things.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    *competition prize
    **I translate stuff for an American friend's web site and he pays me in toys

i have to disagree there, Goki.

If i thought that a movie or it's director was (insert your choice of derogatory term here) there's no way that I'd watch it or have it in my collection, purchased or otherwise.