Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IDW Regeneration #81 - Preview

Default IDW Regeneration #81 - Preview

out this week (can't wait) is Regeneration #81 the continuation of the old Marvel comics, and over at westfieldcomics.com they have the first seven pages up for viewing.. just the coloured art
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Is it going to be out this week locally too?

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Is it going to be out this week locally too?
    sure is along with the Transformers Regeneration One 100 Pg Spectacular
    and Transformers Regeneration One #81 - 1:10 variant cover (unless there is a delay at customs or something) but wednesday/thursday they should be at your local CBS
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Ill have to hope the Wollongong comic store has them on Thursday as I'll be there after the Flight of the Conchords concert!

I think it would have been smarter to push or advertise the 100 page issue (as it is only a reprint of the final four issues) before the release of 81. I can see people who may have never read the marvel issues picking up the 100 page issue, looking at the art and quickly putting it back down. Here's hoping that they still grab #81, so that the sales are decent.

Cannot wait.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

There's a Battle Beasts comic too!

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    and Transformers Regeneration One #81 - 1:10 variant cover (unless there is a delay at customs or something) but wednesday/thursday they should be at your local CBS
    I'm quite new to comics (aside from the original Marvel series that I managed to download some years back). What is the 1:10 variant cover?

After this (and Time Wars) someone needs to buy Simon Furman a G1 guidebook that shows him how many Deluxe Insecticons there were!

Also, had #81 came out in 1991 I really doubt that the Wreckers and Deluxe Insecticons would have been appeared. (Well maybe Springer and Sandstorm since they were on sale again)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    I think it would have been smarter to push or advertise the 100 page issue (as it is only a reprint of the final four issues) before the release of 81. I can see people who may have never read the marvel issues picking up the 100 page issue, looking at the art and quickly putting it back down. Here's hoping that they still grab #81, so that the sales are decent.
    #81 has an easier setup. It's 20+ years after the war between the Autobots and Decepticons ended, and the Autobots won. (It's also the same status quo from the end of the last TF ongoing series to end, funnily enough).

Start back at #76 though and I can see the more casual fan thinking, ok Unicron attacked Cybertron. Right, I remember that in the movie. So this is after the movie. But how come Optimus Prime is there and why does he look so weird? And Prowl and Wheeljack are alive? And where's Hot Rod or Ultra Magnus? And why is Spike so old and bald and called HiQ? His exosuit looks weird too.

On this board, I'd say maybe 50% of members (at most) have read the Marvel comics. I'd say less than 20% actually read those stories in the 80s and early 90s. We've got members who weren't born when #80 came out. For those of us that were there, this is exciting (it's quite literally wish fulfilment for me) but I do wonder how well it will go from a sales point of view, and I hope the full 20 issue story gets to be released.

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    I'm quite new to comics (aside from the original Marvel series that I managed to download some years back). What is the 1:10 variant cover?
    It's discussed here, but here's a direct link.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    Awesome! Thanks.

Is the One 100 Pg Spectacular just the last few issues of Marvel US or is there more?

It's this:
    Transformers Regeneration One 100 Page Spectacular (W) Simon Furman (A) Andrew Wildman, Stephen Baskerville (CA) Andrew Wildman GET READY FOR REGENERATION ONE! For the first time in nearly a decade the final issues of the original run of TRANSFORMERS are back-just in time for the story to continue in TRANSFORMERS: REGENERATION ONE #81! Following a planet-shattering battle with UNICRON, OPTIMUS PRIME has fallen! How will the other AUTOBOTS carry on--and will PRIME be back in time for CYBERTRON's darkest hour? Reprinting THE TRANSFORMERS #76-80! Cover price USD $7.99.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Awesome! Thanks.

Is the One 100 Pg Spectacular just the last few issues of Marvel US or is there more?
    Issues #76-#80 reprinted. (Wonder how they'll get around circuit breaker and the neoknights... maybe some swift art or panel edits?)

I think you might be right about the readership Paulbot. I never read any of the original Marvel cartoons when I was younger, but having read them since I cannot wait for the final 20 issues.
    Can still see alot of people picking issue #80 up, flicking through it and leaving it in the shop, to many casual or newer fans who have not read most of the previous 80 issues, with all the transformer universes floating around now it can get confusing.

I hope that IDW will be publishing them no matter the sales since Furman has said that it all wraps up and is done.
    It also keeps Furman on their books and might be a bit of a peacekeeper way for the new editors to keep him around, as a bit of a "sorry" for forcing him to drop his "-tions" stories and replace them with a series that was badly written and only sold similar numbers!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)