Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: New Pics of Animated and Universe figures at BBTS

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Aside from his armour, Is that a new mould of Prowl??? It looks like a whole new transformation in vehicle mode! If so, it makes getting him or the more worthwhile!

I love Wreck-Gar and Smokescreen! Wasp is okay!

I want them all now! And I'm glad the old Prowl is still very worth-while. Seems to be quite a few differences between the 2 base figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    Aside from his armour, Is that a new mould of Prowl???
    From what I can see they have changed the tail lights, added clips onto his for-arm guard, and added a cover for the front wheel.
    They also seem to have change the windshield by adding microchip like markings on it
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Looks like Prowl has been hitting the 'roids. BEEFCAKE!

Loving the new Animated molds!

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Although I'm happy Waspinator is a new toy, I wouldn't mind getting a Wasp toy too.
    Yeah, this confused me too. I expected Waspinator to be Wasp.

Prowl is a bit of a surprise too, as at Botcon, I recall them considering the inclusion of a sidecar, but alluded that it would only be an alt mode prop and not transform.

I'll pass on Atomic Lugnut. Make me a Leader class instead

Not sure why they chose to release two of the same mold so close together with Dropshot and Overload. I'll only get one. Overload looks better except for the head colors. Will likely grab Dropshot now, keep MISB and return for Overload if Overload is better.

Smokescreen looks great, but it's tough to get too excited about an obvious repaint. Leo and Dinobot are from eras I'm not interested in, so will pass on those.

Am I the only one thinking that Wasp will be reformatted into Waspinator sometime during Season 3?

I was expecting Waspinator to be a green Bumblebee repaint, so getting a brand new toy is awesome.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Does anyone know who they are referring to with Overload. The first one that came to mind for me was Armada Overload, but it defiantly ain't him.

Can anyone else see any differences to Prowl?
    I spotted these ones:

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    I was expecting Waspinator to be a green Bumblebee repaint, so getting a brand new toy is awesome.
    I am also a little disappointed, I was kind of looking forwards to a green repaint, maybe with a remoulded head
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Not bad!

I Particularly like Smokescreen and Dinobot, though Waspinator and Prowl look good to.

Intresting that that the Beastwars Universe toys seem to be reverse of the G1 toys, with better beast modes but plainer robot modes, while the G1 chracters have much better robot modes but plain alt modes. Although Smokescreen looks to be an exception.

Overload's G1 form is that of a blue/red truck. The Armada versions were yellow and red, the Energon version was Ultra Magnus' colours. So I can't make head or tail of that one. I thought it might've been Roughstuff for a moment but not to be. Really a wasted opportunity and it annoys me b/c of the wasted potential. I mean Dark Scorponok as Classics Scorponok or Vector Prime as Scattershot (per the Legends figure) would make a lot of sense, right?

Happy with Animated toys and I agree that Wreck Gar looks to be the coolest.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    Overload's G1 form is that of a blue/red truck. The Armada versions were yellow and red, the Energon version was Ultra Magnus' colours. So I can't make head or tail of that one. I thought it might've been Roughstuff for a moment but not to be. Really a wasted opportunity and it annoys me b/c of the wasted potential. I mean Dark Scorponok as Classics Scorponok or Vector Prime as Scattershot (per the Legends figure) would make a lot of sense, right?

Happy with Animated toys and I agree that Wreck Gar looks to be the coolest.
    There is a growing number of figures in this line with wasted potentials.

- Bruticus
    - Overload
    - Lio Convoy
    - Blaster
    - Heavy Load

The sad thing is that some of these figures would have been very worthwhile if it weren't for silly upset minded mistakes such as Bruticus and Lio Convoy.