Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516

Thread: Mortal Kombat Thread

I remember being so obsessed with the MK games that waaaay back in the day a mate and I figured out how to hook the N64 into the VCR so I could perform and record every single Fatality, Animality, Babality etc I did from Ultimate Mortal Combat 3 (wow! how much did I just date myself! ).

Sad to say I don't get to play Video Games much these days (espeically since my 2-year old jammed a Hi-5 DVD in the PS3 ) but I did enjoy taking my students to Youth Inc (a kid outreach place) once a week last year and on their Xbox360 using Jade to kick the crap out of teenager after teenager who thought they were hot sh*t at MK9 .

MKX is something I will follow with interest but sadly doubt I will often get to play .

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Sad to say I don't get to play Video Games much these days (espeically since my 2-year old jammed a Hi-5 DVD in the PS3 ) but I did enjoy taking my students to Youth Inc (a kid outreach place) once a week last year and on their Xbox360 using Jade to kick the crap out of teenager after teenager who thought they were hot sh*t at MK9 .

MKX is something I will follow with interest but sadly doubt I will often get to play .
    Don't you just love doing that... beating the crap out of teenager who think they are hot shi*. I did that quite often with Street Fighter 4 at the local youth centre when I was volunteering. Once you know the combo systems it all comes rushing back to your fingers. Harder these days now though since you need to remember all the frame cancels etc. to be competitive.

Still remember the hacked SF2 machines where you could sonic boom in the air.

Anyways back to Mortal Kombat. I kinda lost interest after Mortal Kombat 2. To me that was the best in the series until 9 came out.

I did enjoy taking my students to Youth Inc (a kid outreach place) once a week last year and on their Xbox360 using Jade to kick the crap out of teenager after teenager who thought they were hot sh*t at MK9 .
    Quote Originally Posted by dsphatlite View Post
    Don't you just love doing that... beating the crap out of teenager who think they are hot shi*. I did that quite often with Street Fighter 4 at the local youth centre when I was volunteering. Once you know the combo systems it all comes rushing back to your fingers.

Heh - the best take down of some teenagers at video games I did was when I actually lost. I was among my mates the champion of Goldeneye on the N64. Anyway, a mate from Uni's parents left for the weekend and him (20) and his little brother (15) decided to have a ton of mates over.

Anyway, I get on with these three 15 year olds and we are playing guided missiles and the 3 of them gang up so every time I respawn in about 2 seconds flat I get a missle to the face and die. They pounded me badly.

As the game finishes and they all laugh and jeer about beating a 20 year old who thought he was great I turn and say:

"You know, I got my beep bleeped last night. Twice. How about you boys?"

Just a sudden red-eared silence of a bunch of kids old enough to be embarrassed about being virgins.

I stand up, stretch and go "Yep, well, guess I'll leave you boys to your little game" and sauntered out.

Needless to say they didn't go on with their teasing - so though I lost I felt I had won

I remember being so obsessed with the MK games that waaaay back in the day a mate and I figured out how to hook the N64 into the VCR so I could perform and record every single Fatality, Animality, Babality etc I did from Ultimate Mortal Combat 3 (wow! how much did I just date myself! ).
    LOL... yeah, I did the same thing with my Super Nintendo. Still have the tape actually

Quote Originally Posted by dsphatlite View Post
    Anyways back to Mortal Kombat. I kinda lost interest after Mortal Kombat 2. To me that was the best in the series until 9 came out.
    Same, although I do own every MK game released aside from MK Gold and the 32X version of MKII (which I did have but traded away a long time ago).
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

I'm sure you are on top of it, but if by chance you need MKX a day early it seems EB have broken the street date and it is now available.

Only MK Trilogy (which was basically an expanded UMK3 so probably the one you were thinking of) and MK4 were released on N64. And shame on you for using a C instead of a K!

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    Only MK Trilogy (which was basically an expanded UMK3 so probably the one you were thinking of) and MK4 were released on N64. And shame on you for using a C instead of a K!
    Yeah it probably was MK Trilogy come to think of it.

And at least I left the 3 C's and 2 K's out of post #153 to protect the younger ozformers

So, has anyone here bought the game yet? Keen to know peoples opinions, especially if you've played MK9 as well.
    New Acquisitions:
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    So, has anyone here bought the game yet? Keen to know peoples opinions, especially if you've played MK9 as well.
    Fighting feels smoother, mechanically a better game. Cosmetic damage has been toned way down, but fatalities/x-rays are even more violent. Story mode seems alright, hard to beat MK9's nostalgia trip though. Too many kid characters, makes the roster feel samey.

PC launch was a cock up, but it's running fine now (still has a retarded install system though). The microtransations are bullshit but completely optional, don't pay for them.

Brutalities rule, and bring back the sense of accomplishment that fatalities used to have.

A great game for MK fans, others would be best waiting for the inevitable komplete edition.

In case people didn't know, Mortal Kombat X for the PS3 and Xbox 360 has officially been CANCELLED

I am massively disappointed as I do not own any of the nex gen systems and cannot justify buying a PS4 for just one game. I haven't switched on my PS3 since January
    New Acquisitions:
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks