Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Regret Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jena View Post
    I regret buying DOTM Leader Ironhide. I watched reviews, I knew it was pretty crap, but I went ahead and bought it anyway, mostly because I was being an emotional woman thanks to the movie. I think I'm going to make the most of a bad purchase and repaint him, make him more movie-like. Or something. I don't regret anything else.
    God I hope that doesn't make me an emotional woman as I did the same thing but I don't regret it

I don't exactley regret my purchases, but there are a few that if I could go back and stop myself I would. Ultimate Bumblebee comes to mind.

The majority of my regrets come from things I didn't buy at the time of release and now can't find. They were repaints and I didn't buy repaints at the time. Classicverse Sideswipe, Ultra magnus, Skywarp and Ramjet come to mind.

My mum got all the mail-away exclusives and divided them among my brother, a cousin and myself. Among the toys we decided to give to our cousin, one was Time Warrior... because at the time I just looked at it as a piece of merchandise rather than a TF action figure (oh wait, that's exactly what it is! ). Then my cousin went and lost it.

*sigh*

One figure I didn't really like but after buying was Energon Arcee. It's not that I dislike the Arcee character, but that I disliked that particular figure.

My other regrets are giving away the following G1 figures (complete with boxes and all accessories) to a neighbour when I was 15:

- Pipes
    - Soundwave
    - Metroplex
    - Powermaster Slapdash
    - Targetmaster Triggerhappy
    - Predacon Tantrum

when i first got back into transformers some 6 years ago, i killed the following when i first started kitbashing:

Rotorstorm
    Boss
    Hurricane
    Thunderclash

...why? WHY?!?!!! they were all in such nice condition, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutchkick View Post
    when i first got back into transformers some 6 years ago, i killed the following when i first started kitbashing:

Rotorstorm
    Boss
    Hurricane
    Thunderclash

...why? WHY?!?!!! they were all in such nice condition, too.
    Those are toys that you and future generations will not be able to enjoy

*spoilers*

I TOTALLY regretted watching ROTF as soon as I saw Sam go to Robot Heaven

I regret the Star Wars Transformers. Flimsy pieces of junk that were thrown in a box and turned yellow. The only cool one is the Darth Vader/Death Star, mostly because it's Darth Vader AND the Death Star.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Those are toys that you and future generations will not be able to enjoy
    I'm actually in the process of resurrecting the ones that i can, i think thunderclash's trailer is gone, but hurricane and boss are gonna get some articulation and some new paint, as they will never be original again. Rotorstorm is already 95% done, i'll post in the creative bit soon .

ON TOPIC: I regret Movie 1 Megatrons, ROTF Payload, and all Powercore guys.

...and not getting Classics starscream.

I almost always pre-order any Japanese toy that I want - which usually works out well for me because it means I get the toy at the original retail price. But sometimes this can work against me when the toy shelf-warms and gets heavily discounted... the "worst" case of this was the God Ginrai reissue -- paid full retail for that sucker (7980JPY - about $90-100)... then later on it shelf warmed so badly that even local import stores in Sydney were selling them for just $20!

I should've gotten a second one at that price to keep sealed. Gah... damnit.