Page 5 of 152 FirstFirst ... 23456789101525 ... LastLast

Thread: The Football (all sorts) Thread

The Tigers actually have 3 potential champion halves in the junior ranks. Tim Moltzen, Wade Dunley and Blake Lazarus are all former australian schoolboys. Although Dunley and Lazarus are untested in first grade and I think they will do well. Tim Moltzen did alright in first grade but developed too much of an ego. He needs to be brought down a peg or two.

Overall I feel all these guys are still too immature for first grade. Sheens needs another champion halfback for a couple of years to help groom these kids.

Actually I think Sheens needs to clean out the Tigers much like what happened at the Knights. Too many players resting on their laurels after 2005.

Judging by their performance in the Toyota Cup I think Canberra should invest heavily in their juniors because they have a real champion team there.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    The Tigers actually have 3 potential champion halves in the junior ranks. Tim Moltzen, Wade Dunley and Blake Lazarus are all former australian schoolboys. Although Dunley and Lazarus are untested in first grade and I think they will do well. Tim Moltzen did alright in first grade but developed too much of an ego. He needs to be brought down a peg or two.

Overall I feel all these guys are still too immature for first grade. Sheens needs another champion halfback for a couple of years to help groom these kids.

Actually I think Sheens needs to clean out the Tigers much like what happened at the Knights. Too many players resting on their laurels after 2005.

Judging by their performance in the Toyota Cup I think Canberra should invest heavily in their juniors because they have a real champion team there.
    the Tigers forwards should be better next year with the arrival of Gareth Ellis from ESL & Dane Laurie/"Keef" Galloway emerging as two of the best young front rowers in the game

Farah will more than likely be No.7 next year unless a minor miracle happens like Josh Lewis learning how to tackle or do anything else apart from having a great kicking game

players i think are on the outer at the Tigers:
    Bryce Gibbs (Idiot)
    Liam Fulton (Good Player but lacks size)
    Dean Collis (Injury Prone)
    Bronson Harrison (signed with Raiders for 2009)
    Todd Payten (rumoured to be going to Celtic Crusaders with O'Hara & "Dell")
    Last edited by Rampage; 30th September 2008 at 04:25 PM.

I wouldnt wish getting Brian Smith and a bunch on St George rejects on anybody, not even Easts.
    I have to admit Newcastle played very well this year, but if it weren't for Kurt Gidley and Buderus, I think the Knights would have been in 12-13th spot, and I expect that kind of result next year, without the extra 10% Buderus gives them,they won't be winning those tight games.

Was not aware of the Tigers juniors, but the Tigers, Panthers, Eels and St George have a big job ahead of them to keep most of their juniors now, since Easts have decided to not field SG Ball or other junior teams, to save money. Funny how the team that rorts the salary cap the most has to drop their juniors (that were almost all stolen anyway). More of a reason to make any under 21 player poached from another junior area worth 125% of their salary, make the clubs doing nothing for junior footy pay through the nose for it.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
    the Tigers forwards should be better next year with the arrival of Gareth Ellis from ESL & Dane Laurie/"Keef" Galloway emerging as two of the best young front rowers in the game

Farah will more than likely be No.7 next year unless a minor miracle happens like Josh Lewis learning how to tackle or do anything else apart from having a great kicking game

players i think are on the outer at the Tigers:
    Bryce Gibbs (Idiot)
    Liam Fulton (Good Player but lacks size)
    Dean Collis (Injury Prone)
    Bronson Harrison (signed with Raiders for 2009)
    Todd Payten (rumoured to be going to Celtic Crusaders with O'Hara & "Dell")
    What I saw of Josh Lewis this year his kicking game wasn't that great.

I heard management denied Paytens request.

Oh and add Tuiaki to that clean. He's done nothing.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Oh and add Tuiaki to that clean. He's done nothing.
    he hasn't been the same since Travis Burns KTFO him earlier in the season

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Well, I'm not a Manly Fan but I'm a fan of Steve Menzies & for that reason alone - I've got a huge "" on my face...

haha yeah while i dislike manly like most league fans, i don't mind the beaver and i'm also quite fond of the wolfman, but still disappointed..

manly just wanted it more though, even if we did have cam smith and hoffman, they don't make us a 40 point better team... we looked flat all finals since that loss to warriors, and to be honest we got out of jail against the broncos in the last minute, which was a match where we probably didn't really deserve to win by the way we were playing.. and that thrashing of cronulla made us look in better form than we actually were, cronulla were also lucky to make it that far..

but in the end, like in all grand finals in every sport, anyone can win on the day, and manly wanted it more and deserved to win... it was like we didn't even turn up to play..

Quote Originally Posted by jacksplatt11 View Post
    it was like we didn't even turn up to play..
    I agree totally. All my mates and all I can see it from the get go. They ran in straight lines, didn't go down the line and change it up. Their body language wasn't very good. Maybe time to re-energise the ranks and re-motivate them. It was biting loss.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Well, You guys belted Manly last year & today they got one back on ya... *shrugs*

The same thing happened with my team (The Panthers) in '90 & '91. Canberra beat us in '90 & losing a Grand Final is indescribable... Well, we got Canberra back the following year & the planets were re-aligned in orbit

Even though you're losing Folau, I'm sure you'll find plenty of guys ready to step up...

yep you're right, its funny how things like that happen... we lost in 06, came back to win in 07, then manly came back in 08, so hopefully 09 will be storms year again

also, think of the afl, us kangas back in 98 lost, then won in 99.. sydney beat eagles 05, eagles beat sydney 06... funny how things happen like that..

Quote Originally Posted by Pulse View Post
    Even though you're losing Folau, I'm sure you'll find plenty of guys ready to step up...
    izzy is a huge loss, only his second year and he is a superstar, and will only get better, numerous times today it he tried his hardest and made a lot of good breaks, but had no-one there with him in support.. would love to keep him at the storm, but unfortunately money talks, and when you can only spend 10 or so years in the sport earning top money and team loyalty become less of a big deal every year, its hard to begrudge someone of wanting to earn more while they can...

mick crocker is a huge loss, probably the biggest after izzy, hard to replace a player of his quality, although some may hate him haha.. jeremy smith is a shame, he's a good quality player while not being a superstar, and he's also one of my favs, and also antonio kaufusi is a good player, so our forward pack is losing a few quality players..

but saying that, with aiden tolman to step up next season hopefully into the run on side as a prop/second row, sika manu to improve considerably, will chambers to take over from matt geyer in one of the centres, who while being a melbourne great, probably should have retired after the grand final last year..

so overall, we're losing a few good quality players, but hopefully with these others to step up, we should still be a good quality team, but it will hard to come back to the team we were, from the player losses this year and last..

also theres rumours that clint newton and matt king are both homesick, so i would love for them to come back

but as always time will tell, but its a long wait till next season, for both NRL and AFL... oh well, cricket season very soon
    Last edited by jacksplatt11; 5th October 2008 at 11:41 PM.