Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 123456781323 ... LastLast

Thread: April Acquisitions

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    OKies, Gok what does mighty muggs do? Saw some but been uumming and ahhing does it do anything?
    Do their heads even bobble or anything?
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by Linthart View Post
    So we've missed Skywarp, shockwave, wreck gar and atomic lugnut.

However, we are expected to receive g1 shockwave and sunstorm as an exclusive.
    I recall someone sighting Wreck-Gar, and Sunstorm has definitely been sighed in NSW.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    I recall someone sighting Wreck-Gar, and Sunstorm has definitely been sighed in NSW.
    G1 shockwave and sunstorm we spotted at Hobbyco which is an independent store i believe. they ony had 4-5 sets? (clarification needed )

I've found Wreck-gar in melbourne at a comic shop which was way overpriced as it was imported but also likely from the secondary market

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Do their heads even bobble or anything?
    Nope. 5 points of articulation. arms and legs up and down, heads left and right.

They're pretty solid

Mighty Muggs do NOTHING. They just stand there and look stupid. My wife thinks it looks cute. :/ The head and shoulders move... that's IT. It is such a massive waste of twenty five dollars... especially considering that it's the _same_ basic Mighty Muggs mould that they use for every other freakin' Transformers, Star Wars, Indiana Jones etc. Mighty Mugg. And it's hollow on the inside too, much like a rotocast - a technique used by a lot of toy manufacturers to save money because they use less material. Yet it costs $25?!? (o_O)

I'm _not_ fond on anything that's not playable... not even statues or busts. Little PVC figurines I don't mind so much. At least Q-Robo, Robot Heroes, SCFs, HoCs etc. have unique individual moulds. At this size the super-deformity also makes it ridiculously top-heavy too.

I just don't see the appeal in these things at all. I just bought one out of frustration after a long and unsuccessful hunt for TF toys - and just to have _one_ Mighty Mugg as an example in my collection. I have no desire to waste another dollar on any more of these things.

Highly unrecommended.

Quote Originally Posted by Linthart View Post
    I've found Wreck-gar in melbourne at a comic shop which was way overpriced as it was imported but also likely from the secondary market
    Yeah, Minotaur would have acquired stock from overseas, so I wouldn't take it as any indication of Wreck-Gar being available locally.

Wouldn't HobbyCo be considered likewise?

Quote Originally Posted by hotaru_oz View Post
    Arrived in the mail this morning

thanks Hereticpoo ^^
    Your welcome, I just hope Hutch and Smac do another signing for Volume 2.
    Should've seen there faces when I dropped the box full of AHM TPB's in front of them. *Awkward*

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Mighty Muggs do NOTHING. They just stand there and look stupid. My wife thinks it looks cute. :/ The head and shoulders move... that's IT. It is such a massive waste of twenty five dollars... especially considering that it's the _same_ basic Mighty Muggs mould that they use for every other freakin' Transformers, Star Wars, Indiana Jones etc. Mighty Mugg. And it's hollow on the inside too, much like a rotocast - a technique used by a lot of toy manufacturers to save money because they use less material. Yet it costs $25?!? (o_O)

I'm _not_ fond on anything that's not playable... not even statues or busts. Little PVC figurines I don't mind so much. At least Q-Robo, Robot Heroes, SCFs, HoCs etc. have unique individual moulds. At this size the super-deformity also makes it ridiculously top-heavy too.

I just don't see the appeal in these things at all. I just bought one out of frustration after a long and unsuccessful hunt for TF toys - and just to have _one_ Mighty Mugg as an example in my collection. I have no desire to waste another dollar on any more of these things.

Highly unrecommended.
    Am i the only one who thought these things could somehow serve a cup of tea?

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    Am i the only one who thought these things could somehow serve a cup of tea?
    You're not the only one. I thought the head came off and you could pour tea inside (or at least store stuff in there)

The head is too round to do that - it would roll and spill your drink. They're called Mighty Muggs as a descriptor for the people who buy them.