Page 24 of 72 FirstFirst ... 41419202122232425262728293444 ... LastLast

Thread: The Doctor Who thread

But it cant be John Hurt.They are looking for the next Dr. Hurt was already a Dr that we just dont know about....yet

I don't think we'll ever see another "old" Doctor (aside from John Hurt).

I'm fairly certain there was a throw away comment back in the old series that when a Time Lord regenerates they get a new younger body. If you look at the Classic series the Doctor does get younger with each passing regeneration.

So with that ... the next Doctor will probably be a 14 year old kid.

Sad to see Matt go. He brought a great enthusiasm into the role and a wonderful bond with the three (four if you count River, 7 if you count Vashtry & co.) companions.

But they're going to have to revisit this thirteen regenerations rule soon, given that we're about to get Doctor XIII (counting Hurt's Doctor as a past regeneration, and not counting the 2nd Tennant Regeneration).

Quote Originally Posted by Burn View Post
    I don't think we'll ever see another "old" Doctor (aside from John Hurt).

I'm fairly certain there was a throw away comment back in the old series that when a Time Lord regenerates they get a new younger body. If you look at the Classic series the Doctor does get younger with each passing regeneration.

So with that ... the next Doctor will probably be a 14 year old kid.
    The Third Doctor looked older than the Second, the Seventh Doctor appeared older than the Fifth and Sixth Doctors, and the Ninth Doctor looked older than the Eighth. The Master's incarnations haven't always consistently looked younger as he's regenerated either.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim Prime View Post
    Sad to see Matt go. He brought a great enthusiasm into the role and a wonderful bond with the three (four if you count River, 7 if you count Vashtry & co.) companions.

But they're going to have to revisit this thirteen regenerations rule soon, given that we're about to get Doctor XIII (counting Hurt's Doctor as a past regeneration, and not counting the 2nd Tennant Regeneration).
    I think River gave him all her lives to save him once. Its an easy way out of the 13 regeneration's problem.

On a different related Dr thing.What ever happened to the Drs cloned daughter? She Dies and comes back to life and flys off in a shuttle. Never seen again.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    The Third Doctor looked older than the Second, the Seventh Doctor appeared older than the Fifth and Sixth Doctors, and the Ninth Doctor looked older than the Eighth. The Master's incarnations haven't always consistently looked younger as he's regenerated either.
    As I said, it was a passing comment.

Troughton and Pertwee always looked the same age to me. And of course by the time McCoy had come along that line had probably been long forgotten.

And then there's that line in a Sarah Jane episode about The Doctor having much more than 12 regenerations.
    (We might get an answer about that when we get John Hurt's story. Hint of The Valeyard maybe?)

Quote Originally Posted by Burn View Post
    And then there's that line in a Sarah Jane episode about The Doctor having much more than 12 regenerations.
    I bring that quote up to a friend from time to time and he still doesn't believe me

I love how in Time Crash, The Doctor recalls how when he started out he was always try to be old and grumpy and important like you do when you're young.

Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
    I bring that quote up to a friend from time to time and he still doesn't believe me
    Given the number of people on other sites talking about the "limited number" it surprises me how many Doctor Who fans didn't watch The Sarah Jane Adentures. And even if they didn't want to watch a "kid's show" surely the episodes with The Doctor himself guest starring were worth watching? (They were and the entire series is fun but it's got one heck of a unintentionally sad ending )

The "12 regenerations was a Time Lord rule and the Time Lords no longer exist" is my favourite fan retcon of it all.

On a different related Dr thing.What ever happened to the Drs cloned daughter? She Dies and comes back to life and flys off in a shuttle. Never seen again.
    Or she time travelled, regenerated, and actually has appeared again and we didn't know it?

Quote Originally Posted by VERT View Post
    Interesting note about her. The actress is the daughter of Peter Davison who played the 5th Doctor. She got married to David Tenant.

So she really was the Doctor's daughter.....who then married the Doctor... :S
    Maybe they were from the Deep South of Gallifrey......................
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

I was thinking this morning how Rupert Grint might be a good replacement (and The Doctor could finally be a ginger).

Turns out he's already a favourite.

I wouldn't mind seeing Martin Freeman as well.

I do wish this whole "he should become a she" stuff would go away though.