Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast

Thread: Fall of Cybertron figures! (images added - post 21)

Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
    Foc Bruticus on TFW2005 as well as Blast-Off and Vortex

Looks like the connect in a similar way to PCC (minus the bright blue pegs)
    OOoooo Pretty colours I think Onslaught needs to be Voyager to bulk out those Quads

LOL!
    The thing I find most funny about these photos, is the fact that Hasbro still fails on having their promotional material screened before it is released to the public and such, I mean look at how woefully mis-transformed each individual figure is and then the Gestalt suffers the same affliction! - Then they go and photoshop the hell out of it!

Ohh...
    Well, typically most of our North American counterparts are having a song and dance about how 'Fail' it looks, ignoring the blatantly obvious detailed above and drowning out those bringing it to their attention , but I too am very much looking forward to it as they/he looks to be rather fun even given the compromises.

My only gripe is the colours of Vortex, but it is almost certain that they're due to American retailer's stances on similarly coloured toys.

dont like the colours on blast-off and vortex, lets hope the japan release of these fix that

I think using the FP Bruticus as a direct comparison is probably unfair in this case...comparing this to any of the other combiners Hasbro has attempted since G1 however paints this guy in a much more favorable light. The fact that they're even making this at all makes me want to stand up and applaud. I'll probably buy this guy regardless of it's shortcomings as a show of support. Would be nice if they sold him as a boxset...I can't see them doing him as a full wave on his own, and spreading him across multiple waves is a recipe for disaster. Still not clear if all of the kibble is integrated or not...

Now I just need to see some pics of Shockwave...!

Quote Originally Posted by 1orion2many View Post
    OOoooo Pretty colours I think Onslaught needs to be Voyager to bulk out those Quads
    Agreed that Onslaught needs to be a Voyager. I can already see prices for Universe Onslaught going up and some kick-ass customs forthcoming. It wouldn't really fit though given that these Combaticons are all Cybertronian.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Well, typically most of our North American counterparts are having a song and dance about how 'Fail' it looks, ignoring the blatantly obvious detailed above and drowning out those bringing it to their attention
    I was reading some of those comments too. It pisses me off that these fans don't acknowledge how good they have it with their exclusives and discounts but would rather complain about the first 'unofficial' image they see.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutton View Post
    I think using the FP Bruticus as a direct comparison is probably unfair in this case...comparing this to any of the other combiners Hasbro has attempted since G1 however paints this guy in a much more favorable light. The fact that they're even making this at all makes me want to stand up and applaud. I'll probably buy this guy regardless of it's shortcomings as a show of support. Would be nice if they sold him as a boxset...I can't see them doing him as a full wave on his own, and spreading him across multiple waves is a recipe for disaster. Still not clear if all of the kibble is integrated or not...

QFT
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by Sutton View Post

I agree with this too, but seeing as how someone else brought up the whole 3rd party vs Hasbro can of worms it seemed apt. On the whole 3rd parties produce small quantities of toy for a niche market. One would presume them to be fans and free of many of the constraints of a big business like Hasbro. So yes it is an unfair comparison.

Considering Hasbro's last combiner was the two Movie Devestator's this a major improvement and a step in the right direction for most fans. If they keep at it, perhaps combiners will be a regular part of Hasbro's releases again.

And yes the Shockwave suspense is a killer, please don't mess him up Hasbro.

Well I am pretty disappointed in this. I think I put the Bruticus on a pedestal and it hasn't lived up to my hopes :-( Totally mad me sad. I think because I love WFC so much I put too higher expectations on this toy. Maybe better pictures will come out and change my mind. Atleast all hope isn't lost. Onslaught and brawl look great and shockwave might be good too. And jazz and Optimus. Things might be okay

Man, Vortex sure is red. Which is how he looks in the trailer from the little you see of him I guess. Looks good though.

Wow, Blast Off is a toy of beauty - he looks like a steampunk Transformer. Just amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Wow, Blast Off is a toy of beauty - he looks like a steampunk Transformer. Just amazing.
    I was really looking forward to seeing him especially, as I just couldn't quite fathom a 'Space Shuttle' with a WFC/FoC Cybertronian Aesthetic; he really does look amazing huh?
    The exposed Heat-sink piping really does give him a whole different angle.

Vortex's Alt mode actually reminds me quite a bit of a more Cybertronian version of Airachnid's Earthen Alt mode (Sans the Black paint job).