Page 239 of 481 FirstFirst ... 219229234235236237238239240241242243244249259 ... LastLast
Results 2,381 to 2,390 of 4804

Thread: I need to vent!

My friggin' TMNT classics have been at the post office since the bloody 6th! I never got a parcel notice, it better still be there when I go in tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    My friggin' TMNT classics have been at the post office since the bloody 6th! I never got a parcel notice, it better still be there when I go in tomorrow!
    That sucks!! I had the same issue with FP Munitioner + Explorer! Mine had sat there for 3 weeks in the PO and they didn't even give me a pick up slip. The most annoying part was that I had to pay for the highest shipping option (condition of the seller).

My own vent:
    Some bloody guy beat me in an auction!! I placed a big on the last 3 seconds but he had one in on the last 2 seconds!!?!

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    My own vent:
    Some bloody guy beat me in an auction!! I placed a big on the last 3 seconds but he had one in on the last 2 seconds!!?!
    I hate that, but TBH - I've been that guy plenty of times too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    lol Me too. Suppose its Karma, but at least this wasn't a figure that I desperately wanted - it was more of a blow to my pride

lol Me too. Suppose its Karma, but at least this wasn't a figure that I desperately wanted - it was more of a blow to my pride
    Oh it's the absolute worst when it's a figure you desperately want, though yeah it does suck when the old pride gets bent... for a little while anyway.

My own vent:
    Well I can assure you that it wasn't me. The worst I might do is buy the last toy off the shelf at a brick and mortar store. (but then often they get restocked in massive waves later on and it shelfwarms )

For the last couple of years I have been collecting the Halo Mega Bloks series heavily due to the fact that they look cool and that they are much more affordable than Lego. Recently though the brand has been throwing out heaps and heaps of new toys within such a short amount of time that it's become more of a burden to collect than it has been a joy. I don't even play with some of the newer sets and have them just sitting there still sealed.

I am thinking of giving up collecting this particular series, and even selling or giving away what I already have. I don't even have that much of a emotional connection to the toys and only started collecting because of a minor superficial attraction. I'd like to hear your opinions on what I should do next, folks.

My own vent:
    Oh it's the absolute worst when it's a figure you desperately want, though yeah it does suck when the old pride gets bent... for a little while anyway.
    I really hate those sniper guys Being the lead bidder for days end and then losing out in the last minute/seconds cause I have crappy MBB. Can't even bid.

Thumbs down Ravagecat's USPS Vent

So I normally get stuff sent from the US via Priority due to the exorbitant postage costs that USPS ask for, for any of the other services they offer...but this time was special. I finally after 15 years of collecting acquired myself a MINT/loose complete Fortress Maximus (Thank you Matt from Transformerland.com) , so wanted to try and avoid having him in the postal system for too long. Well now I ask myself why did I bother paying the extra for express for no better service from USPS - see below (blue text is why I'm venting)

Arrival at Post Office
    August 21, 2012, 7:58 am
    AUSTRALIA

Processed Through Sort Facility
    August 18, 2012, 1:23 pm
    AUSTRALIA

Processed Through Sort Facility
    August 12, 2012, 2:56 pm
    ISC MIAMI FL (USPS)

Arrived at Sort Facility
    August 12, 2012, 2:56 pm
    ISC MIAMI FL (USPS)

Processed through USPS Sort Facility
    August 12, 2012, 6:14 am
    MIAMI, FL 33112

Processed through USPS Sort Facility
    August 11, 2012, 8:32 pm
    JACKSONVILLE, FL 32203

My parcel sat in a sort facility for at least 5 days (the 6th day on the plane I guess) before they even bothered sending it It seems that this is a common occurrence for this service if you look on other forums like whirlpool.
    USPS should change thier international services names to slow, slower and slowest. My express parcel didn't even get priority so why bother having important sounding service names at all?

The good news is he arrived intact and looking great - really happy with finally having him in my collection

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    For the last couple of years I have been collecting the Halo Mega Bloks series heavily due to the fact that they look cool and that they are much more affordable than Lego. Recently though the brand has been throwing out heaps and heaps of new toys within such a short amount of time that it's become more of a burden to collect than it has been a joy. I don't even play with some of the newer sets and have them just sitting there still sealed.

I am thinking of giving up collecting this particular series, and even selling or giving away what I already have. I don't even have that much of a emotional connection to the toys and only started collecting because of a minor superficial attraction. I'd like to hear your opinions on what I should do next, folks.
    hey skywarp....

haven't been around in ages, hope you're good.

if it was me dude, i'd either..... sell it all on ebay and channel the money into something you're interested in.

or..... if the money side of things doesn't faze you, give it all to the salvos knowing that some kids somewhere are gonna be getting some awesome toys that they otherwise would never had gotten the chance to own.

just my 2 cents...

janda