Page 12 of 49 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516172232 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun-Formers (imitation weapons) laws and requirements for Australia

Quote Originally Posted by bakakun View Post
    I wish there was some other legal way to own these gun transformers toys without such ridiculous fees.
    Contact the current VIC Minister for Police, the Hon. Lisa Neville MP. And if you are unsuccessful, perhaps contact other State parties when it comes close to the next State election and see if any of them can offer a better alternative and cast your vote accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by hYpNoS View Post
    Oh that wouldn't be a problem if that's the case, cheers!

I'll try emailing for an exception but otherwise I'll just chase down old contacts, certainly not easy obtaining one legally here but its possible
    Give us a heads up on the outcome when you have time

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Contact the current VIC Minister for Police, the Hon. Lisa Neville MP. And if you are unsuccessful, perhaps contact other State parties when it comes close to the next State election and see if any of them can offer a better alternative and cast your vote accordingly.
    I'll probably try contacting them once it's been verified that we're actually getting a new official MP Megatron, and not another third party product

EDIT:

I just read in another thread that getting the permit renewed is free. This poster was in NSW however, so maybe Victoria is different
    Last edited by bakakun; 12th September 2016 at 05:38 PM.

I'm going to get MP-36 Megatron. If I import it myself instead of buying from PC and it gets stopped by customs will it be held for pickup at my local customs office or since my HLJ items tend to go through Sydney would it be held in Sydney?
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I'm going to get MP-36 Megatron. If I import it myself instead of buying from PC and it gets stopped by customs will it be held for pickup at my local customs office or since my HLJ items tend to go through Sydney would it be held in Sydney?
    If it get picked up, it will be in Sydney, since that is where they do the scanning.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

I was under the impression that if its gets held in customs, it won't be released until you show customs the import permit (as you're in QLD.) And then it will clear customs and continue on its way to you. At least that's what the customs officer told me when I enquired about a G1 Megs a while ago.

Quote Originally Posted by TAAUBlaster View Post
    I was under the impression that if its gets held in customs, it won't be released until you show customs the import permit (as you're in QLD.) And then it will clear customs and continue on its way to you. At least that's what the customs officer told me when I enquired about a G1 Megs a while ago.
    So if it gets stopped in Sydney I just give customs my form and then it just continues on to me like any other parcel Australia Post delivers?
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    So if it gets stopped in Sydney I just give customs my form and then it just continues on to me like any other parcel Australia Post delivers?
    That is what I was told when I was in the process of getting my permit.
    But you have to have the permit, you can't just send them the application form if it gets stopped (not sure if that is what you meant or not)

The customs officer said I can just fax the permit down, if it is required. Not sure if you have a permit yet or not, but it is extremely easy to get here in QLD if you don't have one yet.

Quote Originally Posted by TAAUBlaster View Post
    That is what I was told when I was in the process of getting my permit.
    But you have to have the permit, you can't just send them the application form if it gets stopped (not sure if that is what you meant or not)

The customs officer said I can just fax the permit down, if it is required. Not sure if you have a permit yet or not, but it is extremely easy to get here in QLD if you don't have one yet.
    Yeah when I said form I meant permit. I'll wait till Megatron gets closer to release, assuming I even get him from HLJ. If PC get him I might just go that way since they will have to deal with the paperwork and not me. I kinda hate government paperwork.

CoRDS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

still got no idea on what the laws are for one of these for those of us in the ACT

I will have to update this before the new Megatron is released, and liaise with the relevant departments, to help make sure collectors get their toy, without facing prosecution or trying to break the law.
    It will also give me a chance to see if anything has been changed since this was originally posted, or added, in relation to the states who didn't have much information on hand, as they will be gearing up for the arrival of this toy closer to its release.