Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MP-9 Rodimus Convoy Reissue

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I've never understood, with this toy being so maligned, disappointing and unwanted, why is the aftermarket price so amazingly high, even after the release of the new design MP hotrod.
    Is because it was not reissued for a long period of time and it represent Rodimus not hot rod. The TRU "hot Rod" version was supposed to be better build but even then I know someone who broke a joint on that version. This was one of the worse MP till date but I know some people who love it.

I simply dont like it that I could not get him to hold his gun, or have him pose properly. Not to mention ver 1 have a bad backpack issue that it doesn't clip on.

The new hot rod on the other hand was a better overall figure, the only down side was that it hardly was able to roll in vehicle mode. Otherwise a better attempt. But it isn't Rodimus prime

Most masterpieces sky rocket in prices are only due to the fact that a reissue was not done for a long period of time.

I've never understood, with this toy being so maligned, disappointing and unwanted, why is the aftermarket price so amazingly high, even after the release of the new design MP hotrod.
    Maybe so many were damaged/defective, it left very few on the secondary market for people to fight over, and thus drove up the price.

Because despite all that, it is still awesome. Yes, the ambition exceeded the execution but I still love it. And I have never had one of my 4 break.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Only purchased TRU Hotrod so I'm pretty keen to get my Rodimus on

I managed to get a v1 misb and that is how it will stay. But like everyone else I hope a mp-09b is done too

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Maybe so many were damaged/defective, it left very few on the secondary market for people to fight over, and thus drove up the price.
    Maybe, but I've never noticed a shortage of overpriced ones on eBay, even when all the lunchtime specials were popping up they were way overpriced.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Because despite all that, it is still awesome. Yes, the ambition exceeded the execution but I still love it. And I have never had one of my 4 break.
    Can't argue with that, it was/is a very ambitious concept.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

The knees etc have supposedly been fixed but I still want to see some reviews and hear others feedback before I order this. It's also a near certainty Rodimus will get a V2.

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    The knees etc have supposedly been fixed but I still want to see some reviews and hear others feedback before I order this. It's also a near certainty Rodimus will get a V2.
    He kinda already got a V2 with Hot Rod.

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    It's also a near certainty Rodimus will get a V2.
    At twice the price!