Thread: Lego City

Default Lego City

Hey Guys,

I used to really like Lego as a child but it wasn't something I ever wanted to get back into collecting
    I always had a soft soft for the city-type sets. I had a police station as a kid and always wanted the fire station and the airport.

Seeing so many Lego sets up for sale at the toy sales caused something to snap inside me and I went on a mad impulse buying rage. In one day I've managed to buy 5 lego city sets

Police station 7498 - Kmart $92
    Fire station 7208 - target $99
    Harbour 4645 - BigW $88
    Airport 3182 - Kmart $118
    Hospital [not sure of number - has ambulance and helicopter] - BigW $63

In one day I've basically fulfilled my childhood wish of having a mini Lego city! I seem to have got some decent prices too on the sets.

If anyone has a Lego City display up would love to take on board any suggestions for displaying the sets once I've built them.

Cheers
    "I am Supreme" [Magneto]

I .... used to have a display but it takes soooo much room I had to pack it all up. I did take some pictures of it before Ive repacked everything.

One set I didnt get to include in that shot is the off shore rig which I built then after a few days decided I needed to move the TF collection this room so the town had to go

and up to this day I haven't built that Cafe corner set after buying it from DJs , ah well.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

This was my set up about a year ago.

I have since picked up the next 3 modular building sets but I am yet to have them all built at the same time. It will happen some day soon though.
    And it will be epic.

I also had another small medieval set up. It isn't city, but it is a nice little village.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

now i depressed about selling off my lego.i had built the kids a massive city and when i pulled it down there was something like 83kg of assorted lego.

REVOR is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Nice work Eazy D. I also going back into lego since they getting nicer and nicer compare what we got when we were kids.

I had a massive Space lego base back in the 1980's Had a mono-rail and working street lights. I still have it all in boxes. Took it down in 1991 when my family moved. I do have pics just need to find them.

I was poor when I was a chlid, never have so much toys before