Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia (otca.com.au) > Beyond the Spacebridge (Non-Transformers Section) > All other toys & Mixed - News & Sightings

Sightings/Sales

Old 22nd November 2013, 05:10 PM
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member

this thing is all metal and little plastic. not overly poseable but you can get some good poses weilding the sword, open/ closed mouth lions etc.
Old 14th May 2014, 01:28 AM
Rank 3 - Basic Member

Finally got my set in with my big Pile of Loot from BBTS! Overall I'm glad to have it, but it certainly isnt as amazing as I thought it would be! I personally think the Miracle Productions MA-01 Vehicle Voltron to be a better overall figure design. Full video review uploading now.

It has diecast, but still has a LOT of plastic! The MA-01 has much more diecast, although I dont necessarily see that as an issue quality wise (diecast doesnt automatically mean better quality).

Old 14th May 2014, 10:22 AM

I think the infinite gokin version looks better imo.
I certainly think Bandai will release their SOC version.
Old 14th May 2014, 10:40 AM

If that's the case I will wait for a Bandai release, love that vehicle force Voltron.
Old 14th May 2014, 02:43 PM
Rank 3 - Basic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twincobra View Post
If that's the case I will wait for a Bandai release, love that vehicle force Voltron.
Yeah, the first batch of the MA-01 certainly had its problems, but the v2 with all the QC fixes is a pretty great figure. I think it's a lot better than the Toynami Lion Voltron actually now that I've had more time to mess around with them.
Old 14th May 2014, 05:11 PM
Rank 3 - Basic Member

Here's my full video review of the Voltron 30th Anniversary Set. Hope you can check it out, subscribe, like, and comment with your own thoughts!

http://youtu.be/dgDA1s41IIo
Old 14th May 2014, 05:19 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

IMO The Miracle Vehicle Voltron QC issues were blown way out of proportion from just a few overly picky and/or clumsy fools. I got one of the first and Tets here got one of the second, while there's improvements to be sure, they're pretty minor. The 1st release was no slouch at all and i never felt like i got ripped for being impatient

That new Lion Voltron is supposed to have improved joints compared to the earlier releases, to better deal with the diecast weight, but they look the same from your pics? Sounds like you didn't own one of the earlier ones though? Will watch your video later, thanks!
Old 14th May 2014, 08:02 PM
Rank 3 - Basic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
IMO The Miracle Vehicle Voltron QC issues were blown way out of proportion from just a few overly picky and/or clumsy fools. I got one of the first and Tets here got one of the second, while there's improvements to be sure, they're pretty minor. The 1st release was no slouch at all and i never felt like i got ripped for being impatient

That new Lion Voltron is supposed to have improved joints compared to the earlier releases, to better deal with the diecast weight, but they look the same from your pics? Sounds like you didn't own one of the earlier ones though? Will watch your video later, thanks!
Yep, this is my first Lion Force Voltron ever! Have wanted one since I was a kid
Old 15th May 2014, 08:38 PM
Rank 7 - Section Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolkollectibleskhai View Post
Yep, this is my first Lion Force Voltron ever! Have wanted one since I was a kid
Just watched the review and my opinion (of the toy) Hmm, nice, but definitley doesn't look like it's $224 worth...

The limited hips, seems a bit of an oversight. while I like the metal, that plus the blingy stand and lighty eyes just do not justify the massive price. Sure the metal would put it up, but the lions aren't complex deisgns, so they'd be easy enough to bust out.

I just don't think it stands up well when compared to other high calibre robots. For that price you can get yourself a nice chogokin combiner bot no problems...
Old 16th May 2014, 09:17 PM
Rank 3 - Basic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
Just watched the review and my opinion (of the toy) Hmm, nice, but definitley doesn't look like it's $224 worth...

The limited hips, seems a bit of an oversight. while I like the metal, that plus the blingy stand and lighty eyes just do not justify the massive price. Sure the metal would put it up, but the lions aren't complex deisgns, so they'd be easy enough to bust out.

I just don't think it stands up well when compared to other high calibre robots. For that price you can get yourself a nice chogokin combiner bot no problems...
Yep, I agree, it's definitely over priced for what really amounts to a minor update to an existing figure. It really does need a proper redesign to add some new technology around articulation and joints etc.