Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Australia Day is Here again

..for those who don't know the story, this person was tackled by airport security guards.

Man, that would have been funny . You could almost imagine the Police SWAT team hurrying into action and scoping this person out with a negotiator on the "megaphone"

"Put down the Megatron, drop the Megatron!!!" LOL

Default Just for fun

Let's play the Australian Citizenship test game! Failing this test makes you unAustralian!

These questions are from the Australian Citizenship test web site. See how many you can answer without looking it up!

Click here to take the test!

Remember! You must score at least 10/20 correct to pass as an Australian!

I scored 16/20 (80%) correct.

so youd have to pass this test to be australian citizen? the heck!?!?! I'd have to go read Australian history top to bottom with those types of questions!!! I doubt if most Aussies know of the answers to these themselves!
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Indeed. The test itself has been subject to controversy... but for the purposes of this thread I thought I'd stick it here just to have some fun.

WHaaaaaa! I failed!!

Does that mean I have to hand in my citizenship papers? I now can't say G'day without being beaten by yobbos? I am officially classed as a dirty foreigner?

Thats a pretty lame test. I mean, I HATE cricket and the cricket questions were a bit ridiculous. Some of the history questions were pretty odd too. I did aussie history in high school and don't remember Ludwig Leichhart or Nancy Bird Walton.

Now understand the controversy...

oh well, see you on the other side of the border....
    (slings rucksack over shoulder and heads off to lands unknown)

I passed, but then most of my answers where an eeny, meeny, miny mo thing. as in straight on guesses - out of the 20 questions I only know for certain 3. Even if I did pass it still is indeed very controversial (a bit of an understatement for me).. I say it really pissed me off.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

The stupid thing about the test is that it doesn't achieve that much.

The test supposedly exists to ensure that prospective Australians are actively interested in being Australian. What does knowing the year that Caroline Chisholm arrived prove? It proves that you've memorised dates, not that you're making a commitment to be Australian.

If you're willing to learn English to the point that you can communicate with other Australians, that's good enough for me (:

Oh, and I failed. I'm terrible with dates...

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    The stupid thing about the test is that it doesn't achieve that much.

The test supposedly exists to ensure that prospective Australians are actively interested in being Australian. What does knowing the year that Caroline Chisholm arrived prove? It proves that you've memorised dates, not that you're making a commitment to be Australian.

If you're willing to learn English to the point that you can communicate with other Australians, that's good enough for me (:

Oh, and I failed. I'm terrible with dates...
    hear, hear!!! hehehe i made the eeny, miney, mo thing and it actually worked

12/20 = failed apparently.

Such an anglo-centric test. I took history in high school and still got that result! I must say that the Australia of today (or recent times) is much more than the historical version.

Being an immigrant (like most of us here) and an active and involved member of the community I find this offensive.

While I must say I learned a thing or two, unless I'm into a specific strain of history I just would not know. EG Bradman's thing, some of these other names. I even guessed a few! This is more like a trivia test than a useful gauge of being Australian.

This test should be more about reflecting the values that Australia embodies, not a friggin' pub trivia test!

END RANT/
    MP-05 legal acquisition process:

www.megatron.net.au

My collection and stuff for sale:

www.csapo.com.au/ttf/tiby'stransformers.htm