Page 31 of 76 FirstFirst ... 112126272829303132333435364151 ... LastLast

Thread: LEGO

bionicle to me are like action figures, albeit a lego version.. there is only so much you can do with it because each piece is clearly set out as to whether its a leg, foot, torso etc.. and all you can really do is stick other technic bits on to make guns and weapons or whatever... exo-force on the other hand is much better because you can use any piece at all in your collection to make what you want, and those joint pieces are so awesome... the ones they use as shoulders/elbows/hips/knees etc... dunno what to call them... thats just my opinion anyways

Quote Originally Posted by jacksplatt11 View Post
    bionicle to me are like action figures, albeit a lego version.. there is only so much you can do with it because each piece is clearly set out as to whether its a leg, foot, torso etc.. and all you can really do is stick other technic bits on to make guns and weapons or whatever... exo-force on the other hand is much better because you can use any piece at all in your collection to make what you want, and those joint pieces are so awesome... the ones they use as shoulders/elbows/hips/knees etc... dunno what to call them... thats just my opinion anyways
    I'm with u there totally. I would not have come back to Lego if not for Exo-Force. My little sister and I played but that was the extent of it for over a year or so. Then all of a sudden, Exo-Force really caught my eye with the things you ciould do.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Thanks piratescratch. Been eagerly waiting for that Agents set. I'm so there tomorrow.

As for Bionicles not being versatile enough... If you know a game called Radiant Silvergun (google for pics). There's some dude who made the ships out of Bionicle parts here. The detail is amazing for a relatively small sized craft. It even houses a minifig as the pilot. I think the problem lies with Lego just not being creative enough with their Bionicles "sets" and really are just action figures with a new mask and weapon per line.

But hooboy. I can't wait to get my hands on that Agents truck. I'm a Lego Truck fan and this will add to my collection.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksplatt11 View Post
    You can integrate normal Lego in with the Bionicle/Techinic pieces. Bionicle parts also aren't just stuck as what they are.
    All you have to do is troll Brickshelf and you will find heaps of examples.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    You can integrate normal Lego in with the Bionicle/Techinic pieces. Bionicle parts also aren't just stuck as what they are.
    All you have to do is troll Brickshelf and you will find heaps of examples.
    yeah you're right, especially with the bionicle ball joint to lego brick pieces around now... but they just dont do anything for me, im not that interested in them... i have a few but im not crazy about them

Bionicle Dragon

I have no Bionicle experience whatsoever, but would like to check it out.

I saw some Agents sets in K-mart today - the boat / shark one and some kind of jet/car one. They also had the Castle battering ram tower thing in and the Batman Joker/Tumbler set.

Giz's Lego Minifig Contest: Win The Best Vintage Sets Ever

Check out some of the videos. Personally, I love the first one. It's a bit long, but the stop motion and sets are just amazing.

TheDirtyDigger Guest

That first vid is cool Jd.

Does anyone have this? I've had it over 12 months now and still haven't opened it. Just itching to now with all the extra Exo force stuff I could add to it.

EDIT: As I slowly pack for the inevitable move I've just counted over 60 unopened Lego sets I have. Nearly all are big'uns too. God I need somewhere decent to display.
    Last edited by TheDirtyDigger; 27th August 2008 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDigger View Post
    EDIT: As I slowly pack for the inevitable move I've just counted over 60 unopened Lego sets I have. Nearly all are big'uns too. God I need somewhere decent to display.

Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please let me come over and build them for you
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|