2 6.67%
  • Only if (something else)

2 6.67%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not even interested

0 0%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron (2.0)

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    Opened him tonight...

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Haha, I buy doubles now, one to keep MISB and one for display.

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    Haha, I buy doubles now, one to keep MISB and one for display.
    ok. you're off the hook

I was about to drop my jaw at how much money you must be spending buying in duplicates... only to remember that I've already paid for two of these toys but I only have one to show for it because of a certain online dealer who's yet to deliver the other toy. If ever. At least you have your toys.

<shuffles.off.to.a.corner.and.cries>

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    You're not gonna transform him? Cos that's one hella expensive Action Master! I've actually been thinking about translating the instructions as it is a pretty darn difficult transformation. Would others be interested or are you happy looking at the pictures and referring to YouTube videos? It would be a laborious translation - which I currently don't have time to do right now. Probably in the next school hols, but I'd only bother doing it if there's sufficient demand for it.
    While the offer is appreciated, I'd say most people just go to their favourite Youtuber these days anyway so it would be a lot of effort for probably not much practical gain.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

That's cool. Figured that it'd be better to ask first rather than waste my time doing it if people don't need it.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    You're not gonna transform him? Cos that's one hella expensive Action Master! I've actually been thinking about translating the instructions as it is a pretty darn difficult transformation. Would others be interested or are you happy looking at the pictures and referring to YouTube videos? It would be a laborious translation - which I currently don't have time to do right now. Probably in the next school hols, but I'd only bother doing it if there's sufficient demand for it.
    weeeeeelllll what if you did it anyway and sent it to hasbro as a sort of hint hint

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

voted only if.

I am sorry but this figure is only solid in robot form. I appreciate the effort
    but if you paid RRP at $350, it doesn't feel worth it.

Seeing the various people who broke, scratched and damaged this piece, I dont feel it is a $300 worthy price tag.

Now the plus sides,
    It is more scaled to mp-10
    It is well balanced in robot form
    The colour is alright but one might argue this is a + version rather than normal release.

After attempting to transform him in 40 minutes I gave up as it was taking too much of my time trying to be careful and know what you are doing, and this include looking at instructions and watching youtube.

I love his hands and is shame that MP-10 isn't that standard.
    I do like him in his robot form but for gun mode, I don't think is worth it.

I will stop here as I wont compare this to another toy. I am not unhappy with this toy but at the same time, I don't think is worth it at RRP. This excludes all the trouble you need to go through to obtain one.

A great representation of Megatron. The paint job surprised me, I expected a flat grey but the subtle gloss made for a good balance. Unsurprisingly his transformation is complicated and I think he has the highest risk of breakage of all the MPs. But the complication IMO leads to the best bot/combo out there, coming from an owner of Apollyon.

My only real gripe is the way the extended barrel is force-fitted into the gun barrel. Having read stories of scuff and scratches, I wasn't game to put the barrel all the way in. For all the complications in the transformation it seems like such a lazily simplistic way to fit an essential piece.

The thing about MP 36 is not that he's perfect, but the fact that the things they've done right outweigh the wrong by a great margin.