Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia


Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia (otca.com.au) > News > Soundwave's Global News

Sightings/Sales

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 5th July 2018, 01:05 PM
Jinto's Avatar
Jinto Jinto is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 7th Nov 2011
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 733
Default

Looks great.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 5th July 2018, 07:42 PM
bowspearer bowspearer is offline
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member
 
Join Date: 24th Jun 2011
Location: Central Coast
Posts: 964
Default

Ok, colour me unimpressed. For starters, the throne is cardboard. Maybe my expectations were a little high, but I was expecting a big chunk of plastic there. Then you have the sceptre which extends and ideally requires 4 Prime Masters to keep it stable when it's extended, yet only comes with 3.

This could have been something awesome, but Hasbro have massively cheaped out here.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 5th July 2018, 08:00 PM
Golden Phoenix's Avatar
Golden Phoenix Golden Phoenix is offline
Rank 8 - Multi-Section Mod
 
Join Date: 5th May 2008
Location: Clifton Hill, Melbourne
Posts: 4,141
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowspearer View Post
Then you have the sceptre which extends and ideally requires 4 Prime Masters to keep it stable when it's extended, yet only comes with 3.
But it does come with 4....
It comes with Amalgamous, Nexus, Prima and the Thirteenth Prime.
__________________
|Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
|Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 5th July 2018, 08:18 PM
bowspearer bowspearer is offline
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member
 
Join Date: 24th Jun 2011
Location: Central Coast
Posts: 964
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
But it does come with 4....
It comes with Amalgamous, Nexus, Prima and the Thirteenth Prime.
The review I just saw only showed 3, but considering one of them I saw was the 13th Prime, it does expose a potential issue. The Prime Masters are on a rotating disc, where Amalgamous and Nexus are positioned on a completely different part of the disc to Prima. It looks like if you aren't mindful of that, that you can easily lose Prima.

While the 4 Prime Masters are a definite nice touch, I just can't get past that cardboard throne - not when you can be paying close to $200 for it.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 5th July 2018, 09:41 PM
hYpNoS's Avatar
hYpNoS hYpNoS is offline
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member
 
Join Date: 10th Sep 2016
Location: melbourne
Posts: 743
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowspearer View Post
The review I just saw only showed 3, but considering one of them I saw was the 13th Prime, it does expose a potential issue. The Prime Masters are on a rotating disc, where Amalgamous and Nexus are positioned on a completely different part of the disc to Prima. It looks like if you aren't mindful of that, that you can easily lose Prima.

While the 4 Prime Masters are a definite nice touch, I just can't get past that cardboard throne - not when you can be paying close to $200 for it.
I suspect tltc is overcharging a bit, need an official price and some potential competition before we can consider things
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 6th July 2018, 06:59 AM
bowspearer bowspearer is offline
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member
 
Join Date: 24th Jun 2011
Location: Central Coast
Posts: 964
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hYpNoS View Post
I suspect tltc is overcharging a bit, need an official price and some potential competition before we can consider things
TBH, I'd rather it were closer to that price and had a plastic or even stone resin throne, than cheaper and had a cardboard throne which was delicate and potentially didn't last anywhere near as long.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 6th July 2018, 07:09 PM
griffin's Avatar
griffin griffin is offline
Rank 10 - Admin
 
Join Date: 24th May 2007
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 31,270
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
Preorder at The Little Toy Company for $185.

I like the season 1 Primal deco on Optimal Optimus, but I don't like it that much.

To be honest if the Prime Masters had exclusive Sky High, Iquanus and Pincher shells (or whoever) it might be a bit more tempting.

That seems rather expensive. I'd expect the SDCC price would be US$70-80 (about AU$100), as a normal Leader toy is US$50, and these sorts of SDCC toys aren't double their retail prices (like the Primatives Optimus, which was $50 at SDCC, while the regular Optimus was $45 at retail).
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 6th July 2018, 08:04 PM
Other Other is offline
Rank 3 - Basic Member
 
Join Date: 8th Feb 2014
Location: Seaford
Posts: 156
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffin View Post
That seems rather expensive. I'd expect the SDCC price would be US$70-80 (about AU$100), as a normal Leader toy is US$50, and these sorts of SDCC toys aren't double their retail prices (like the Primatives Optimus, which was $50 at SDCC, while the regular Optimus was $45 at retail).
True enough that it won't be that much at the show but you need to factor in middleman costs/scalper pricing and international shipping(and GST on all of that). The TLTC price is expensive for sure but I think it's gonna be closer to the final cost for us for a lot of us to get our hands on it than we'd like to admit
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10th July 2018, 12:51 PM
beatmag beatmag is offline
Rank 3 - Basic Member
 
Join Date: 8th Jul 2018
Location: Australia
Posts: 7
Default

I preordered this from tlc. Not sure if Iím going to get ripped hard.
But I felt that it would have easily costed $185. By the time I shipped it over here.

Surprised that not many people seem too excited about this figure.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10th July 2018, 06:23 PM
griffin's Avatar
griffin griffin is offline
Rank 10 - Admin
 
Join Date: 24th May 2007
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 31,270
Default

Since this appears to have been released/found in Asia, a gallery review of the toy can be seen here.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 11:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.