Thread: JP Grotusque & Repugnus 2-pack JAN 2019

Default JP Grotusque & Repugnus 2-pack JAN 2019

As noted elsewhere already, and on display in Japan, there will be a second chance for people to get Prime Trilogy Repugnus and Grotusque, as they will be released in Japan in January as a special 2-pack, for about 7000yen.
    However, it will be a TakaraTomyMall exclusive, so it's availability will be limited there too. (HLJ doesn't carry TTM exclusives)

Official images have been released, but these could just be Hasbro official images, as they appear to be identical to the Hasbro toys, and no packaging is shown (which will obviously be unique, as it is a 2-pack).
    The Japanese release may well be identical, but with Doublecross being slightly different to the Hasbro version, it would be a nice incentive to get the other two to go with it if they were also slightly different in some way.
    (there is a chance that Repugnus won't have its Prime Master, as it probably won't be an element/theme that is acknowledge in this 2-pack)

Doesn't appear Grotusque will have his Skorpy headmaster either. I'd be surprised if that along with the Primemaster are packed with this.

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Doesn't appear Grotusque will have his Skorpy headmaster either. I'd be surprised if that along with the Primemaster are packed with this.

That's what is also being noted, that both toys are only packed with their Titanmaster head... and it is now listed on TTM, with clean official images, and a pre-order period of a whole month, from August 8th to September 10th. The price is 7560yen, which is about AU$95.

Heh - I thought this might happen which is why I haven’t stressed super hard about missing them the first time.

Now if only TTMall would magically become legible to me so I could order from them

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Heh - I thought this might happen which is why I haven’t stressed super hard about missing them the first time.

Now if only TTMall would magically become legible to me so I could order from them
    Its possible to stumble through it, find a tf listing and click the links on the little bar that looks like this

>thing>sub thing>sub sub thing>item

Try to pick a tf legends figure, if you're lucky its on the home page, next just give that link to your proxy of choice and away you go!

Quote Originally Posted by hYpNoS View Post
    Its possible to stumble through it, find a tf listing and click the links on the little bar that looks like this

>thing>sub thing>sub sub thing>item

Try to pick a tf legends figure, if you're lucky its on the home page, next just give that link to your proxy of choice and away you go!
    Cheers for the advice mate. I might have a go but I have a bad track record trying to navigate that site, I usually end up waiting for BBTS to get it from them and then purchasing it through that lot, even if it does end up costing more.

I should be saving my pennies anyway

is TTmall the only way to go to get these figures atm? nippon-yasan is out of preorders already

This 2-pack is still four months away from release but TakaraTomy have already released a 5 page "Legends" style comic on their website to help promote the pre-orders. It's a PDF though, so if you have trouble seeing it, the pages have been mirrored here on TFW.
    The comic features a lot of Beastformers, and a brief appearance of what was rumoured to have been in a fifth wave of Titans Return Titan Masters - Torizer (a blue tiger to homage the Gen1 Headmaster, and completing the trio of Gen1 beast Headmasters).

Note that in Japan the toys are called Repug and Grotes.

Grotes is a great sounding name lol.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose