Thread: Will there be a new Headmaster Nightbeat toy?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I do wish they'd done the rest of the little Japanese Headmaster guys to go along with Shuffler and Leone.
    Plus if they were going to do the Monsterbots in TR anyway, the Decepticon Headmaster Junior monster guys could have been pretty easy pretools/retools. Repugnus and Squeezeplay would be pretty close design-wise, as would Grotusque and Fangry, and you could probably get a Horri-bull from the Skullsmasher mold. And it wouldn't be too hard to get the Autobot Jr team done either - 2 cars and a truck base, which you could pretty easily use/remold for another character or two (e.g. complete the Autobot double Targetmaster team with TR versions of Quickmix and Landfill).

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    I do wish they'd done the rest of the little Japanese Headmaster guys to go along with Shuffler and Leone.
    This is what I was hoping would happen, but alas it did not. I was super stoked when Sawback and Shuffler came out and I grabbed them straight away. A shame that Hasbro kinda dropped the ball with it, although I wonder if poor sales had anything to do with it, because I noticed that they weren't the strongest sellers, especially Shuffler. And this is the problem with making CHUG toys based on these more obscure (or even Obscure) characters; the lack of sufficient demand. And these are still just Middle G1 characters. I don't know how well this bodes for my dream to see ALL of G1 eventually released as CHUG or MPs, especially Late G1. I'd grab a CHUG Thunder Clash or Talon in a heartbeat, but maybe I'm the only one?

Middle G1 seems more doable. I think that a lot of the original Action Master characters could be done as CHUGs, and the great thing is that we'd finally see them with their intended alt modes. Titans Return did give us Krok, but the croc mode was a turn off for me - I want a CHUG Krok who transforms into a spaceship as implied by the G1 toy's faux kibble. And yes, I know there have been limited exclusive repaints done as Action Masters (e.g. Treadshot etc.) as well as transforming toys based on Action Masters from outside of CHUG (e.g Bayformers & Alternity Banzai-Tron, Bayformers Axer etc.). Heh, Banzai-Tron would be the last problematic to make as a transforming toy as you can make his alt mode whatever you want since the G1 toy has no alt mode parts. Treadshot would be arguably the most problematic as Hasbro obviously can't have him transform into a revolver pistol. They could make him a sci-fi/space gun and market it as a "submarine" (it worked for Sixshot and Shockwave ).

Am I the only one who would be willing to buy every single G1 character as a CHUG toy if Hasbro made them?

Considering what I had to do to convert Titanmaster Hot Rod into a genuine Targetmaster:

I am uncertain if that could be repeated with any other toy.
    To explain, I could only do it because Takara Tomy released a Targetmaster compatible chest variant of this toy, which I removed and transferred to Hot Rod:

Then I had to order a 3rd party head mod to remove the Titanmaster feature:

So I'm hoping in the future, they make proper Blurr and Kup Targetmaster style figures, so I get what I want in one purchase.

I wanted the Minerva Titanmaster from the Ginrai set, but the set is so expensive now I'd rather not purchase it:
    https://www.ebay.com.au/p/13011259748
    If anyone knows if the Titanmasters from the set are available separately for a reasonable price, please let me know.