Thread: New Hasbro trademarks

Default New Hasbro trademarks

Some old character names have been trademarked, or renewed, as they were used 10 years ago from Robots in Disguise.

Side Swipe
    Armorhide,
    Rollbar,
    Tow-Line

Being from RiD, maybe Hasbro are planning something commemorative, or FunPub's next BotCon set perhaps. Or they just didn't want to lose the names, being used in 2001-2002, would have expired in the last year.

(note that "Side Swipe" has a space in the name - they still own and use "Sideswipe", so this could also just be preventing another company from having the similar name before Hasbro releases MP Sideswipe or even FOC Sideswipe)

If the Armorhide and Rollbar is for a RiD homage/redeco to their FoC Bruticus toys, I think that'd be overkill, with 4 versions already revealed (Retail, Game-colour/SDCC, Gen2/Amazon, Wreckers/Retail).

I think you're right - maybe it was just time for some renewal of those trademarks. That said, Tow-Lines were my favourite RiD and Energon moulds, so maybe they can make it a hat trick. (I'm also fond of most Aromorhides, Rollbars and Side Swipes - these are good names to reincarnate.)

TF Prime will have a touching, emotional episode when Ironhide is reunited with his son, Armorhide.