Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910

Thread: KOs of 1987 Japanese exclusive Headmaster Heads + more

Well get them fast. It takes a few months for these early mock ups to finally be available, so you have time.

I've been buying up junker bodies, or quality ones sans their heads.
    "New" mib style stuff is out of my price range, but the bodies are really cheap, and work great with third party products. Just like "Kre-O" doesn't infringe on Lego (because the patent has expired) I don't see third party heads like the Cobra as morally dubious. The ones molded to look like G1 characters might be though.

I can't remember the characters, so to me a Mindwipe works just as well with a cobra head master as it would with his original.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    I've been buying up junker bodies, or quality ones sans their heads.
    "New" mib style stuff is out of my price range, but the bodies are really cheap, and work great with third party products. Just like "Kre-O" doesn't infringe on Lego (because the patent has expired) I don't see third party heads like the Cobra as morally dubious. The ones molded to look like G1 characters might be though.
    The ones moulded to look like G1 are outright counterfeits, plain and simple. The third party heads are at least original creations (AFAIK) that just happen to be compatible with G1 Headmasters.

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    I can't remember the characters, so to me a Mindwipe works just as well with a cobra head master as it would with his original.
    Whether or not it works "just as well" is subjective... IMO Mindwipe needs Vorath. But I would agree that using a 3rd party head like the Cobra is a definitely a more ethically preferable option than a counterfeit.

If I saw a Mindwipe with a Cobra head and a Mindwipe with a KO Vorath, I would personally have loads more respect for the collector with Mindwipe + Cobra.

In that lies my problem Goki, the only thing preventing me from purchasing just the Transtectors is the fact that I find it hard to guarantee the legitimacy of the lone Headmaster but also that the asking prices for the lone Headmasters are often as much as the body itself, and in some cases a head + body combo of slightly lesser quality.

I don't expect to be as lucky as I was with Skullcruncher (from Skullcruncher ) with regards to price for both the body and head, but I would certainly prefer to get both in the one transaction rather than trying to piece-meal one together; that being said though, with regards to the 3rd Party Headmasters and Cobra, getting just the bodies seems like a no-brainer to me.

Indeed you're right though Reillyd, I should indeed try to get them in the next couple of months before the KOs start hitting the market; I really don't want to get caught with a fake body or head.

I bought a couple of extra headless transtectors just so that I can display my Cobra heads

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I bought a couple of extra headless transtectors just so that I can display my Cobra heads
    just how many cobra heads did you buy?
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    I don't expect to be as lucky as I was with Skullcruncher (from Skullcruncher ) with regards to price for both the body and head, but I would certainly prefer to get both in the one transaction rather than trying to piece-meal one together; that being said though, with regards to the 3rd Party Headmasters and Cobra, getting just the bodies seems like a no-brainer to me.
    Then I strongly recommend you take reillyd's advice and complete your Headmasters before the KOs come along (thankfully my 1987 Headmasters are all complete - I'm missing a few 1988 Headmasters but AFAIK they haven't been KOed *knock.on.wood*) -- failing that, as hard as it sounds, maybe avoid collecting Headmasters piecemeal... just be patient and wait till you find them as Transtectors with Headmasters and avoid collecting headless Transtectors/bodies.

Even if you have some headless bodies, it might be easier to just find the complete toy with the head and sell the extra body off later. In 1988 I stupidly lent my Snapdragon to a classmate of mine who returned it without Krunk (he lost it ). So many years later I couldn't find Krunk on his own - at least not for a price I was willing to pay. It worked out to be easier/cheaper to get a second Snapdragon with Krunk - the body was a bit scratched, but that's okay cos I only wanted Krunk. I kept Krunk and sold/traded Snapdragon off.

But yeah, I'd try to complete them ASAP before the KOs come out if I were you. Makes me wanna hate counterfeiters even more (if that's even possible)

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    just how many cobra heads did you buy?
    Two, the original green and the Exclusive 'Cobra Commander' one.

I have a spare Weirdwolf with the green Cobra head. I also have a spare Mindwipe with the Blue 'Ol'Snake' head.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    But yeah, I'd try to complete them ASAP before the KOs come out if I were you. Makes me wanna hate counterfeiters even more (if that's even possible)
    Would the Headmaster KOs proliferate that much? I don't think the Japanese headmasters and the KO 'Headmaster box set' is prolific enough to be mixed up with the thousands and thousands of headless transtectors out there in any significant quantity. It may not be economically feasible either for the seller as the KO heads aren't exactly cheap and may be more valuable in their 'original' KO set given demand.

@ kup: ah ok so you did buy the variant as well.

@ Gok: aaaahhh so that's why you have a spare Snapdragon body......
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]