View Poll Results: CW Blast Off - worth getting?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 35.71%
  • Only to make Bruticus

6 42.86%
  • Only if...

0 0%
  • Na

0 0%
  • Least effort put into a CW toy so far

3 21.43%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - CW Blast Off

Default Toy Review - CW Blast Off

BLAST OFF
    Series - Generations
    Sub-line - Combiner Wars
    Size/class - Deluxe
    New/remould/redeco – Redeco of Quickslinger
    Wave – 2016, Wave 1
    Released here - not yet
    Approximate Retail Price - (probably about AU$30) US$17
    Approximate Size - 15cm
    Allegiance - Combaticon
    Alt-mode – Fighter Jet
    Main Features/Gimmicks - Combiner limb
    Main Colours – Brown, Black, Purple
    Main Accessories – Rifle, combiner fist/foot/cannon

Robot Mode
    Oh geez – they didn’t even give him a new face! The body looks ok’ish but he looks like an Aerialbot dressed up as a Combaticon for a Halloween party!

Vehicle Mode
    He’s a fighter jet now . A stinkin plane . Maybe it makes more sense given the rest of the Combaticons alt-modes (it did always seem odd to have four military vehicles and a space shuttle) but Blast Off was always distinctive as being one of two Con space shuttles from season 2, not yet another jet that there were already plenty of. Dissapointing. I’ll be hoping Takara remedies this. You can put his big rifle under the wing to approximate what the G1 toy did but you really need a second one for the look. The only positive is that they did the colour very well.

Transformation
    Transforms like an Aerialbot

Overall
    They really just phoned this in and went to bugger all effort - except for the colour scheme nothing about this toy says Blast Off. Don’t get this figure unless you want to make Bruticus. Go get FOC Blast Off instead.

Really hoping UW Blastoff is a god damn space shuttle.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

I really would've liked Blast Off to be a space shuttle but I got to say this one doesn't look so bad, quite nice imo.

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeSoundwave View Post
    I really would've liked Blast Off to be a space shuttle but I got to say this one doesn't look so bad, quite nice imo.
    This
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Personally, I think this is really lazy. Could've slightly retooled it so it looks like blast off, but in the end it's just slingshot in blast offs colors. I'm still picking him up because he'll look great as a part of Bruticus.
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

I don't mind the fact that Blast-off is now a fighter jet; it makes sense to have a fighter plane in a team composed of military vehicles. I don't even mind the fact that it's the Fireflight/Slingshot mould. This issue for me is this:

Quote Originally Posted by Handsprime View Post
    Personally, I think this is really lazy. Could've slightly retooled it so it looks like blast off, but in the end it's just slingshot in blast offs colors.
    A new head would've been enough; a new chest and lower legs would've been better.

Joining with the chorus of - if he ain't a shuttle, he ain't Blast Off.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Trukk not munky!

In all seriousness now. I'm in two minds over this. On the one hand it does make more sense for blast off to be a military vehicle like his comrades, but on the other blast off has always been a space shuttle so not being one doesn't seem quite right.

At the end of the day though I'll still get him, if only to complete Bruticus

Well as I mentioned in the classic vs g1 thread, iI got him but dissapointed in the fzct that they didnt even make a new head for the guy. It's as Trev said, straight repaint. But, hey we need him to form Bruticus... and so far he's the only combiner whose 6th "member" isnt going to be a limb bot you can exchange - cw shockwave, so we don't get a new bot at all like Rook or Alpha Bravo.... a new head was all the effort I wanted, Im okay with him being a fighter jet, but man, a new head shouldve been done, he aint supposed to have a mouth.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Does anyone else have an issue with Blast Off's cockpit section not sitting flush? I noticed that it's not sitting flush in Trev's photo, and mine has the same problem.