Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AUS Toyfair 2008 TFs report, part 1 of 3 (Universe).

woooooooooooo universe kicks Classic's a$$

Go Universe!!!

After looking at all these pics, I am underwhelmed.

Sunstreaker and Prowl have mega cheap paint jobs and I hate the SWAT marks on Onslaught.

Also the attitude from the original Universe line seems to be being implemented here again with several stupid repaints.

I think that I will wait for Henkei 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    woooooooooooo universe kicks Classic's a$$

Go Universe!!!
    awesome, I was worried that I was the only one who thought like that. We can be Universe Buddies!

Sunstreaker and Prowl have mega cheap paint jobs and I hate the SWAT marks on Onslaught
    The toys on display might not be final product. Onslaught for instance had bad markings on the face which led Demonac to consider it a Prototype. The loose deluxe Animated Bumblebee looked a bit more plasticy than the one in the selaed box.

Drat, forgot to ask, will we be getting more Movie Robot Heroes or Titaniums? I haven't seen them for a long time and I want my Ironhide.

None on display... but since we're getting later Robot Heroes waves we should be getting the rest of the movie ones.

Hasbro love their "Heroes" and "Titaniums". The Indiana Jones display had versions of both of these, and there were * Heroes for Marvel (general), Hulk, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Transformers, and Toy Story (!).

did they display the Indiana Jones action figure based on Shia LeBeouf's character? How many other people are planning on getting one as an unofficial Sam Witwicky figure? Hasbro could seriously just repackage that toy and market it as part of Transformers and people would buy it IMO.

They did and it looks exactly like Shia LeBeouf. Harrison Ford likeness so/so, Cate Blanchett's toy looks nothing like her, but they got Shia right.

There's two 3 1/4" figures, one with jacket and one without. I'm getting one of the "without jacket" ones. I think it will look perfect standing alongside the TF movie figures.

There was a photo taken but it got lost in the shuffle I think.

(in Stewie Griffin's voice): Blast you!

After a bit of a Google search I was only able to find this image of a 9.5cm Mutt Williams (Shia LaBeouf's character) toy:

But even with the jacket, it's a very good likeness of Shia LaBeouf and would still be a cool unofficial Sam Witwicky - but yeah, the non-jacketed version would be perfect.

There is a non-jacket version of that size as well. Plus a 20cm something 'doll' as well, if you want to go with Hasbro's out-of-scale routine.
    Paulbot has a couple of photos, and might post them here.