Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Reissue Sixshot still coming

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    The 2004 Predaking reissue retailed for 14000JPY, or $171, so $180 isn't too far off that.

That's a massive hike from the $61 RRP of the previous reissue and I don't think we've ever seen Takara(TOMY) jack up the price of a subsequent reissue like that before. I'd be really disappointingly surprised if the RRP turned out to be so ridiculously expensive.
    I guess with a higher expectation and it's is released at a lower cost it comes as a nice surprise... Better to be prepared.. Then you always have postage on top again...RRP is great if you can pick it up in a store....

I wonder if they will do a greatshot.....
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Japan-based online stores like HLJ and Amiami tend to sell at RRP or less (they often give pre-order discounts). But yeah, postage is a factor (making saving money on the core cost of the toy more important IMHO ).

The way Kapow seems to say "Asia Exclusive" and "not part of the Encore line" seems to indicate that this is a Hasbro Asia exclusive.

Which means that the price may in fact be higher than what Takara have previously charged for their releases.

I hope it gets another release with the encore series that way it's cheaper. Coz the metallic and leather packaging adds more to its price, I'm not too interested in packaging anyways. A retooled release into Greatshot figure would be most welcome as well.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

I did manage to get one of the 2004 releases, but always wanted a second to open as I have great memories of getting the figure in 1989 in a trip to Auckland, New Zealand and playing with it for the next 10 years *until they all got boxed up and sent to the Salvation Army*

Hoping not to expensive .. but being a limited edition Hasbro Asia release I am expecting a good retail price hike.

This is probably an inflated price, but one can preorder from the Engrishly-named EhobbyBaseShop for $150 here: http://www.ehobbybaseshop.com/?sp=&p...more=&lang=en#

Errrr... $150?? No Thanks. I bought reissue Predaking for close to that amount.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Well, BBTS has it for $185... so $150 isn't too bad compared to that (and possibly cheaper shipping from HK than BBTS too).

But the reason for the high price (aside from it being limited-edition and in a fancy box) is that it will have some metallic paint (like United toys I think) and chromed weapons (like Henkei).

2010 Predaking had metallic colours, but it wasn't so massively inflated over the price of the 2004 reissue. Although I don't think it was a limited exclusive... but even so... that's an incredibly massive price hike. That's proportionately worse than the price hike on Gentei Thundercracker and Skywarp (which retailed for about $50 each).

Yeah if that's the price then I'll pass. As cool as Sixshot is that price is a bit steep.

Looks like I'm never going to own him
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain