Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Variations Questions

Default Variations Questions

I was setting up some of my BW figures last night and came across an anomoly. I have 2 Transmetal Rampages, one is orange with highlights leaning towards dark orange almost red on the raised bit on the back of the crab where as the other one was closer to this darker colour all over. Is this a variation that anyone knows of or has one been exposed to much sunlight.
    The only one which has seen sun is the one that is darker all over, I'll borrow a camera from work and put some pics up later.

Is one Takara and the other Hasbro?

I suspect one might be more faded than the other. The Takara version is quite noticeable as it has a show-like paint scheme, including a more prominent looking "X" on his back like in the cartoon.

One has been on display and the other one has been in storage never displayed. The darker colour is actually on the one that was displayed where as the other one which was in storage has the lighter colour and no it's not a faded colour it is pristine(it's so purty)

could just be a variant within Hasbro? We did have variants with other Transmetals after all (e.g. purple vs blue TM Optimus Primal)

There are a _lot_ of Transmetal variations, mostly relating the vacuum metalised chrome - which varied quite a bit between production runs.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    There are a _lot_ of Transmetal variations, mostly relating the vacuum metalised chrome - which varied quite a bit between production runs.
    Oh well I'll put it down to that. I actually strted this thread for people to discuss variations in general, not just the one I have been asking about.

Fair enough. But I figured I'd clear up the situation relating to Transmetals.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

I found a strange little variation when I ws looking at my Jazz/Meisters.
    The two white ones are both alternators, red is a BT. The only difference are these two notches on one side.

*squint* ...I don't get it. What's the difference with those notches?

Quote Originally Posted by 1orion2many
    I actually strted this thread for people to discuss variations in general, not just the one I have been asking about.
    Puffer approves!