Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Third Party Galore (Upcoming Figures 2013) Update Pictures

Hmmm they have yet to come up with pics of Nova Lord in any action pose, coz for a figure that big, it may have a lot of articulation in the joint as far as Ive seen, but it looks like it might topple or keel over if it wasn't standing straight and tall like so. The tank portion looks more of an after thought. They need to do something about that face as well, looks like he's constipated or something.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    Hmmm they have yet to come up with pics of Nova Lord in any action pose, coz for a figure that big, it may have a lot of articulation in the joint as far as Ive seen, but it looks like it might topple or keel over if it wasn't standing straight and tall like so. The tank portion looks more of an after thought. They need to do something about that face as well, looks like he's constipated or something.
    Yeah I can't say this guy impresses me. For me the size actually detracts from the figure, as I have no place for something that big.

It just seems… uninspired.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Are there any shots of the new "G1" Fansproject Crossfire 02 set on the Asia exclusive Bruticus Maximus? Trying to decide between it and the not Menasaur figures.

Quote Originally Posted by nofacej View Post
    Are there any shots of the new "G1" Fansproject Crossfire 02 set on the Asia exclusive Bruticus Maximus? Trying to decide between it and the not Menasaur figures.
    I ordered these sets, but I don't think the FP Crossfire 02 recolours has been released yet. TFSource and BBTS both have it as "pre-order" status, originally available by late Jan. However, there's a good chance now that the factories in China missed their production deadline and not to be available until after the Chinese New Year 2-week celebrations, the end of Feb at least. Same story for Toyworld Aurora (not-Searchlight).

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Not digging it, but it's not because it's huge, that doesn't bother me the original toy was pretty big, though I would prefer an IDW sized smaller Overlord. Nor does the face bother me that much, though it is pretty bad.

The real problem I have with this toy is it looks like a bit of an amateur job compared to some of the other third parties. Partly it's the proportions and the simplicity of the design, but it's also the details. The details are all limited to recessed line work, and indented or extruded geometric shapes, where are the sculpted wire shapes and hoses and the bolts that we see on other toys?

I get the feeling the sculptors are either not as experienced as some of the others around, or they are using a much simpler program or tool to sculpt the figure.

Kudos to them for trying but maybe they should have started smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    I ordered these sets, but I don't think the FP Crossfire 02 recolours has been released yet. TFSource and BBTS both have it as "pre-order" status, originally available by late Jan. However, there's a good chance now that the factories in China missed their production deadline and not to be available until after the Chinese New Year 2-week celebrations, the end of Feb at least. Same story for Toyworld Aurora (not-Searchlight).
    I was hoping for a publicity shot or a leak. I don't feel comfortable throwing down the cash for two $100+ sets and ~$50 shipping without knowing how he will look combined.

Incoming:
    Preordered:
    Recent Buys:

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    load of Bartrim manure
    Welcome to Grantmart!:
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...1496#post61496