Page 1 of 18 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Rise of the Dark Spark - Video Game (USA-24/6 - AUS-26/6)

Default Rise of the Dark Spark - Video Game (USA-24/6 - AUS-26/6)

The listing on Amazon was swiftly removed (a bit like the First Edition Optimus, so Hasbro certainly keep track of what the fandom digs up), so the details on TFW and Seibertron are rather vague, and I can't check to verify any of it.

Seibertron is saying that it is from Activision, while both sites are listing an assortment of premium consoles for the game... which doesn't (yet) seem to include PS3 (which is the console more members here have than any other).

The title is "Rise of the Dark Spark", which isn't a movie title like previous movie games... however, it would be unlikely that a non-movie game would be released in the same year as a movie game, while also having the Universe Game released at the same time as the Movie.

The description doesn't give away anything either...

Product Description
    The next installment in the incredible Transformers gaming franchise, Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark is an exciting action game that is perfect for veteran fans and newcomers
    The US Toyfair starts in two days, so I'm sure we will find out something about it then.

UPDATE ADDED 18 FEB

Press release with screenshots and some US Retail prices.

PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Nintendo 3DS, and Xbox 360. They are priced at $59.99, $49.99, $29.99, and $49.99 respectively.

The release date of 6/24/2014 is also listed - just three days before the release of the movie itself.
    Wii U version has been found on Target.com - priced at $49.99 and releasing on the same day as the other versions.

Some key points from the press release are as follows:

• "Over 40 playable characters" will be featured in the game.
    • The titular "Dark Spark" is an ancient relic as powerful as the Matrix of Leadership. The story is described as an arc between Cybertron and Earth, "jumping worlds as it weaves the tale of the hunt for the ancient relic".
    • Gameplay is "nimble, fast-paced running-and-gunning combat paired with traversal and vehicle action across open battlefields for large-scale, dynamic conflicts."
    • Escalation mode with its wave-based, survival-style gameplay with four player co-op returns and there will be recognizable adversaries to fight here.
    • Single-player and multiplayer will feature one unified, persistent character development path, with experience earned in any part of the game unlocking new options including new characters, weapons and abilities.
    • The game is coming out on current generation and last generation consoles - Xbox One, Xbox 360, Playstation 4 and Playstation 3, as well as the Wii U and the Nintendo 3DS. A Windows PC version is also planned.
    Noting that a PC version coming should be good news to some.
    Last edited by griffin; 4th March 2014 at 02:21 PM.

According to Polygon it's coming out for Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Nintendo 3DS and Wii U.

Polygon really know their stuff so it's a safe bet that this information is accurate.

Also note that it's only coming to consoles, therefore it's not a "computer" game it's a video game.

I'm really wanting a follow up to FOC.......but this may fill the void if it ends up being cross generational

PS3... phew. I really didn't want to have to buy a new console already, just to keep up with the TFs games.

The promo description suggests something more than just a movie game... but then, the blurb for the recent Transformer book talked it up as being something special too (saying that after decades, fans would finally learn how Optimus and Megatron arrived on Earth).

Oooooooohhhhh

I'm really really liking the sound of that!!!!

Please have some G1 influences in aesthetics of designs and story

Any transformers game is a game I'll happily play. Except beast wars, that game I found so stupidly hard. All I remember is a first level trying to run around as I think Cheetor, and 10001 different objects shooting me. Can't remember how far I got through it, but it was a poor game.

WFC and FOC though really got my giddies, so I hope it's something in the gameplay/feel of those.

PC? Might be the same as with FOC though.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Trailer is now available.

Hmmm. Movie and Prime universes together. Looks like the multiverse is going to start getting more crowded.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Trailer is now available.

Hmmm. Movie and Prime universes together. Looks like the multiverse is going to start getting more crowded.
    It doesn't look like High Moon studios is involved in this one I hope this doesn't turn out be a shameless cash in on the existing game engine and assets just to have a VG tie-in with the movie.

Looks amazing. Want it. Hope the whole 2 worlds thing is something Doppelganger-esque (by Michael Parker) with the fate of one resting in their oppposite in another universe/world. (If Optimus dies in one universe, he dies in the other, and vice versa.)
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust