Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Botcon 2014 Figure Reveals

The only thing I find dissapointing (besides the fact I wont be going to Botcon yet again so will prob never get this figure unless I want to pay a fortune) is that while the Pirates are recieveing the sylized Decepticon/Pirate symbol there is no stylized Autobot/Knight one on Devcon, just the standard Autobot symbol.

As mentioned by BTT here, the newest toy reveal is Cybertronian Night Devcon who has previously been seen in a G1 cartoon as a bounty hunter. Mentioned on Twitter this morning.

He has an interesting Writeup on the front page of the Botcon site.

And a Similar Design was brought to fruition by our own SnakeTales years ago.

I really like it, I never realised who Defcon was until today, and I only vaguely remember seeing him in the G1 Cartoon after reading his Wiki page.
    I think the robot mode of Scourge with the new head works really well for this character, and while the alt mode is less "accurate" to something that turned up in a cartoon almost 30 years ago. it's nice.

I've got to say I'm starting to notice some colour palet similarities to last years set. and the year before.

So, probably 2 more weeks until we have all 5 characters revealed and then maybe a week after that they release the brochure and a week after that they open registration? maybe. They're taking their sweet time this year, I remember 2 years ago they released the brochure the week of Christmas.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

just saw it, not bad at all! im really liking this, time to save & get one! anyone going to botcon this year ill be happy to ask for a pre order
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    As mentioned by BTT here, the newest toy reveal is Cybertronian Night Devcon who has previously been seen in a G1 cartoon as a bounty hunter. Mentioned on Twitter this morning.

Nope! Admin's canned my thread. I don't fricken get it. I update an old thread of mine with new info, the info gets moved to a new thread someone has started on the same topic. Then 3 days later I start a new thread about a topic, due to not knowing an old one already existed, and my new thread gets deleted and the info moved to the old one. Wish the admins would make up their minds which way it bloody works because otherwise I'm just wasting my time making threads at all, which is a shame because I'll I'm trying to do is share info with my fellow Ozformers

(ok, whinge over)

Devcon looks pretty good, but nowhere near worth the price people will be charging for a Deluxe. Or even Botcon would be charging at their con. (Take the shortened word as you will.)

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Nope! Admin's canned my thread. I don't fricken get it. I update an old thread of mine with new info, the info gets moved to a new thread someone has started on the same topic. Then 3 days later I start a new thread about a topic, due to not knowing an old one already existed, and my new thread gets deleted and the info moved to the old one. Wish the admins would make up their minds which way it bloody works because otherwise I'm just wasting my time making threads at all, which is a shame because I'll I'm trying to do is share info with my fellow Ozformers

(ok, whinge over)
    Sorry dude, I didn't mean to steamroll your thread. Your qoute has highlighted that I can't spell Knight correctly as well
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post

(ok, whinge over)
    New or updated news postings are always welcomed, which is why they are never deleted (and rarely moved). If it is a duplicate news posting or an update to a "current" news topic (on the first page of that news section, or second page if we've had a lot of traffic to push news topics onto page 2 that are still only a couple weeks old), it will be merged, so that the poster can still see that their news posting still exists because the effort behind it was greatly appreciated.

The point of merging duplicate and update news postings, is to make it easier for members to share their news updates by minimising the number of news topics in that section, so you don't have to look at too many pages to see if a topic already exists. (but if there is a significant update that would generate a lot of replies, a new topic might be deemed necessary so that the update posting isn't lost by those who don't look at every new post)
    In both cases of your moved postings, they were updates to "current" news topics (on the first page of that section), so the same merging rule actually applied to each (it just seemed different because of where you posted the update - one was posted in an older topic, and the other was posted as a new topic when there was little interest in the existing BotCon Boxset topic to need News topics for each Boxset toy).
    It can sometimes be a balancing act, when it comes to updates that deserve their own topic, but it isn't just you (I've sometimes posted something that later needs to be merged, as it wasn't worthy of a new News topic). It is one of the jobs of the Staff, to keep the News sections "tidy but active", as we want to encourage members to contribute as much as possible, so that you feel an ownership of this site, and it doesn't make me look selfish by having my name all over the place in the News topics. (which is why we don't delete, and rarely move/merge posts)

Hope that insight into the administration of the News sections makes the process a little easier to understand. If not, people can send me a PM for further discussion.

Sorry dude, I didn't mean to steamroll your thread. Your qoute has highlighted that I can't spell Knight correctly as well
    Na, it was always all good me old mucka, was just confused with the whole process

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    New or updated news postings are always welcomed, which is why they are never deleted (and rarely moved). If it is a duplicate news posting or an update to a "current" news topic (on the first page of that news section, or second page if we've had a lot of traffic to push news topics onto page 2 that are still only a couple weeks old), it will be merged, so that the poster can still see that their news posting still exists because the effort behind it was greatly appreciated.

The point of merging duplicate and update news postings, is to make it easier for members to share their news updates by minimising the number of news topics in that section, so you don't have to look at too many pages to see if a topic already exists. (but if there is a significant update that would generate a lot of replies, a new topic might be deemed necessary so that the update posting isn't lost by those who don't look at every new post)
    In both cases of your moved postings, they were updates to "current" news topics (on the first page of that section), so the same merging rule actually applied to each (it just seemed different because of where you posted the update - one was posted in an older topic, and the other was posted as a new topic when there was little interest in the existing BotCon Boxset topic to need News topics for each Boxset toy).
    It can sometimes be a balancing act, when it comes to updates that deserve their own topic, but it isn't just you (I've sometimes posted something that later needs to be merged, as it wasn't worthy of a new News topic). It is one of the jobs of the Staff, to keep the News sections "tidy but active", as we want to encourage members to contribute as much as possible, so that you feel an ownership of this site, and it doesn't make me look selfish by having my name all over the place in the News topics. (which is why we don't delete, and rarely move/merge posts)

Hope that insight into the administration of the News sections makes the process a little easier to understand. If not, people can send me a PM for further discussion.

Fair enough, didn't know how it worked

I've got to say I'm starting to notice some colour palet similarities to last years set. and the year before.
    Those colour palette similarities are subtle compared to the Botcon 2012 set! (remembered as the year FunPub got a really good deal on blue and red plastic).

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!