View Poll Results: RID-15 Warrior Bumblebee - worth buying?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 41.67%
  • Only if...

4 33.33%
  • Not worth it

0 0%
  • Not even interested

3 25.00%

Thread: Toy Review - RID-15 Bumblebee (Warrior)

Default Toy Review - RID-15 Bumblebee (Warrior)

(Please post comments, photos or even a fully comprehensive review - these are just some brief details to start you off)

BUMBLEBEE
    Series - Robots In Disguise
    Sub-line - n/a
    Size/class - Warrior (similar to Deluxe)
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Wave - 1
    Released here - scheduled for March 2015 (out in Asia & America December 2014)
    Approximate Retail Price - AU$?? (probably about $30) US$15
    Approximate Size - 13cm
    Allegiance - Autobot
    Alt-mode - car
    Main Features/Gimmicks - game "barcode"
    Main Colours - Yellow, black, blue
    Main Accessories - sword

I like the look of Bumblebee, but I am not collecting this line as it hasn't really peaked my interest, which for a Transformer toy line is a first.

The more I look at this toy on my shelf, the more I see a MTMTE Rodimus toy in the wrong colours.

It's a nice looking robot, a nice shade of yellow, shame about all the kibble that gets in the way of it doing anything. There's too much car on his legs (and it doesn't lock it place) and his shoulders and backpack hurt the movement of the arms.

It's a fast transformation and the vehicle modes' not bad. The speed of conversion is nice.

Some more paint apps would be nice, I've seen touched up versions online and just a bit more paint makes all the difference (like highlighting the fake front of the car on his chest and a better crotch).

Note in both the official photos at the top of this thread (in and out of package) the backpack should be folded further back and away.

Would suggest getting this cheap, but of the four first wave Warriors this is my favourite.

I agree with Paulbot's conclusion --- the best of the first wave of Warriors, but not worth paying full quid for.

I picked this guy up last night. The vehicle mode captures his show model pretty well but both it and his robot mode are just begging for paint apps. I'm going to have to at least paint on some tail lights and those glowing wheel rims.

Robot mode is a little disappointing. Articulation is ok, but writs swivels and some way of differentiating the feet from his calves would really make him. What I really feel is the lack of additional hinges. Little bits like his wings, car roof kibble, all that stuff that on a normal deluxe would fold up a bit better.

And yes, $30 is too much. $20-23 seems more appropriate.

Best out of the Wave 1 Warriors in my opinion.

Got around to opening him tonight. To be honest a fairly lackluster figure for someone who is the star of the new cartoon. Everything from robot mode to alt-mode to transformation to paint job all comes across as ok-ish. Alt-mode maybe a little above average.

Its a fine figure, but like the cartoon its based on just really uninspiring.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
    $30 is too much. $20-23 seems more appropriate.
    Yep - that's what I paid during the Target toy sale

I paid $20 for mine at Target. Only wanted (needed) this so I have the full set. Probably never open it though.

Got one yesterday. Really impressed with the way this figure was built, relatively few pins, screws mostly mushroom pegs, swivel joints and friction. The waist assembly is a combination of mushroom peg and friction joint

I agree that more paint application would make this a better figure, I also wish that the legs transformed like a prid vehicon.