Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic review: Robots in Disguise season 2: #28 onwards

Btw, from the last issue, did anyone else notice Shiragami Junko (aka Kelly) being one of the hapless humans fleeing from Prowlastator's attack? I think there's also a red sports car in that panel too (don't have the issue in front of me right now)

And am I the only one who thinks that Griffith makes Marissa Fairborn look ugly? It's as if she has Jay Leno's chin and Janice from the Muppets' mouth.

Everyone seems to have assumed it's Alpha Trion whose signal they've been picked up.... Hunter O'Nion?

Quote Originally Posted by snaketales View Post
    Everyone seems to have assumed it's Alpha Trion whose signal they've been picked up.... Hunter O'Nion?
    Finally got around to reading #30 and my guess is it's gonna be a not quite as dead as we were led to believe Scrapper that the humans have. And #30 was all about giving Prowl one last go as part of Devastator. That's my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Btw, from the last issue, did anyone else notice Shiragami Junko (aka Kelly) being one of the hapless humans fleeing from Prowlastator's attack? I think there's also a red sports car in that panel too (don't have the issue in front of me right now)

And am I the only one who thinks that Griffith makes Marissa Fairborn look ugly? It's as if she has Jay Leno's chin and Janice from the Muppets' mouth.
    I find some panels she looks fine and then others the mouth and chin are way off. Reminds me of Don Fig's work on human faces.
    Twit and insta @lukeabarnett

#31 is a slow burner, all taking place in and around the Human base in Bikini Atol.

Some nice one liners here from Thundercracker and Jetfire, the humans are rightfully freaking out and there are a few twists (one being the lack of a twist in regards to a character reveal) to boot.

Sadly the preview pages are all a waste of space as they drivel about Jazz killing one dangerous human, then he still references it in comic as well.

Wasted pages aside, we get some nice background and explanation to Soundwave's behaviour and reasoning which is nice and once again it is shown that prime is incredibly lucky to have survived the Cybertronian war, he just pile drives in and hopes for the best.

Prowl's endgame should be interesting, I am sure he knows of the spy but as yet do not see how it will benefit him.

Not much happens, but the potential for links to the future stories are a plenty in this issue.

The art baffles me, it is not great this issue, Prowl's head bar gets smaller, his chest gets massive and Galvatron is a different size and shape in every panel.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Yeah, I'm still not a fan of the art in this series. Arcee's body proportions warp something chronic between panels too. And you could park Sky Lynx on General Witwicky's chin. The drawing of Metroplex looked amateur (although no where near as amateur as the artwork in TF vs. GI Joe), and his transformation into city mode was just terrible. Looked more like he was falling apart and his pieces just collapsed into the form of a village.

So, the payoff issue (I am sick of these 5 issue storylines, wish they would mix it up a bit, and be damned with the trades, or do some 2-3 issue stories every now and again).

It delivers. Some big changes are upon the Comics verse from the ramifications of this issue, and gladly, they are not all earth based. Prowl's "master plan" was good, without being great, but I tire of it seeming like every carefully planned action of his seems to backfire, in some form or another, I get that he being morally grey and doing what needs to be done drives most of these stories together, but there needs to be a shake up of action/reaction. When we return to Earth in a few months I hope we get some sort of fallout from his actions here from the other bots. Personally I think it may tie heavily into combiner wars.

Art was fantastic, there were some snappy lines of dialogue and the last page reveal is a good one that once again utilises some of the worst comics from IDW's past and makes them useful and relevant!

Also I much prefer this sane, sensible Galvatron.

I was so glad about one of the turns of events this issue. Although apparently Prowl isn't good on the individual Constructicons' names. (Great editing, Guzman.) And... what colours are Jazz and the Constructicons supposed to be now?

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    I was so glad about one of the turns of events this issue. Although apparently Prowl isn't good on the individual Constructicons' names. (Great editing, Guzman.) And... what colours are Jazz and the Constructicons supposed to be now?
    that is there nano carbonfibre tube stealth colouring.

like most issues of RID i felt this was average, the thundercracker stuff is getting boring, the art ia all over the place.

it really makees me want to Read MTMTE more..

prowl feels like he is doing a lot of whinging...atleast i hope we get to see a showdown with spike sometime soon now that Galvatron has set it up well
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    prowl feels like he is doing a lot of whinging...atleast i hope we get to see a showdown with spike sometime soon now that Galvatron has set it up well
    A nice one and done in a dozen or so issues would be nice, especially if it ends with Spike left as a mish mash pile of ooze and bone. The less time spent with him the better, I don't care at all if Barber wants to "fix" him as a character, he had his time in the sun, now it's time to be rid of him.

I will admit that I am glad we are going back to Cybertron, if Starscream is written much the same as he was in the Windblade mini, he could actually be interesting for a change.