Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic review: More Than Meets The Eye season 2: #28 onwards

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    Outrigger is also a type of Beam used in Construction perhaps he was a construction bot within the circle of light (they would of needed a maintenance staff) and walking was the faster method
    Sure, but given that locomotive alt modes are the norm for Transformers, I think that it might have been better if the narrative perhaps described this (e.g. "His boat mode being of no use here, Outrigger ran as fast as his legs could carry him."; or something like that). Of course, another really simply solution would be for Outrigger to simply contact Red Alert via radio.

Anyway, the point I was making is that if an opportunity presents itself in a story for a character to use his/her alt mode, then I think it'd be nice if they took it. The transformations don't need to be overtly gratuitous, but rather more incidental. I don't want stories to be written around showboating the Transformers' transformations, but simply having the Transformers incidentally use their alt modes if possible.

I'm not sure if it's exclusive to the trade or not (some things are), but I really like the bit when they first arrive on Luna-1 and use transport machines because Rodimus wants to, even though they could use alt modes just as easily. Robinson was obviously trolling there and it's hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    I'm not sure if it's exclusive to the trade or not (some things are), but I really like the bit when they first arrive on Luna-1 and use transport machines because Rodimus wants to, even though they could use alt modes just as easily. Robinson was obviously trolling there and it's hilarious.
    Chromedome's, "Why do we even have alt-modes?" line was a crackup

performance reviews? internal administration? bureaucratic? oh they're much more evil than we ever imagined! lol

i enjoyed it but the thing that gets me is that i sit there now analysing every bit of dialogue looking for some kind of hint or reference to something else but i just don't know the fiction or memorise everything enough to get them, if they are even there... recent ones too even, i could obviously tell something was up with that nucleon but it didn't click that brainstorm travelling back in time set it off. dammit haha.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    They bureaucratic mindless killing machines!
    something something something grammar something something?

Quote Originally Posted by prjkt View Post
    Chromedome's, "Why do we even have alt-modes?" line was a crackup
    ^Agreed! I lol'd when I first read it.
    Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    something something something grammar something something?
    Oh sorry, "There bureaucratic mindless killing machines!" Their, that's gooder.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    ^Agreed! I lol'd when I first read it.

Oh sorry, "There bureaucratic mindless killing machines!" Their, that's gooder.
    You speak of Best England, Gok!

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    That's taking it a little far. And it took two to tango here.

STL's point is valid though. Can we please get past the pointless debating translations & transliterations? Too much inconsistency from official sources so let's just leave it out peoples. As long as the meaning is understood, close enough. Deathsaurus/Deathzaras/DeathAarhus - the character referred to is understood, however it's spelt. Let it go, Paulbot & Goktimus.

/board staff.
    yes. shut up, nerds :P

#40 is another beautifully written, character driven story with Ratchet taking the main stage, but we get some tiny and unfulfilling closure on Brainstorm's travels, as well as some steps forwards for other secondary characters.

Sadly this issue mostly concerns itself with setting up the utterly useless and unnecessary Drift: Empire of Stone. More happened here than in the whole four issues they let McCarthy waste. It also does not tie in well with the events we saw last week in Windblade #2 regarding First Aid.

Also some sneaky peaks into some other characters and a lovely trick regarding Rung that should stop a number of "insidious suspicions".

Art is wonderful, the mouths were the only disconcerting part for me, colours and lettering top notch as always.

And as an added bonus, there is a useful transformation, so even Gok will be happy!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

In have a feeling this arc of the comic series chronologically happens long before the other three series (xRID, Drift and Windblade)

I actually really like what they've done with Ten, very interesting potential there, and his hero worship of Magnus could be the start of a decent story.

I have to say this issue, while it does feel a bit like a "filler" between stories, closing off the previous arc, getting us ready for what's to come - it's the "fillings" that really make this series so rich. Interactions between characters, results of those interactions and the personalities that have evolved out of this series from not just big names, but the little guys, and also the new characters are far stronger than any other TF media I'm aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by prjkt View Post
    In have a feeling this arc of the comic series chronologically happens long before the other three series (xRID, Drift and Windblade)
    Yes indeed. In the most recent RID/Unadorned/Cars With Legs/whatever, Mirage's bar experience is said to be behind him. And I haven't read Empire of Stone yet, but it seems to me that Ratchet's off to fulfil his position in that story.

I love that, by the way. Despite all their bickering and differences, Ratchet is the one who feels that Drift got a raw deal and he's going to set things right with him. (Does he know that Drift was just taking the rap for others with Overlord?)

In fact, I was pretty emotionally serviced by this issue all round. Ten and Magnus/Minimus near brought a tear to my eye. Ratchet finally learnt how to say goodbye and mean it (Has he been reading old story titles?). Brainstorm and Nautica's reconciliation feels realistic - her realisation that Brainstorm's plan wasn't so self-serving, and his contrition with the new function of her wrench. Her realisation also calls back to when she told Megatron that so many Autobots owed their lives to him.

But Getaway...is anyone else finding him proper creepy? I mean, I really doubt Cyclonus slags Tailgate off behind his back. No matter how he feels, he's hardly a big social chatter. Getaway feels weird and manipulative. That a comic can make me feel uncomfortable like this is an illustration of James Roberts' writing ability, I'd say.