View Poll Results: MP19 Smokescreen - worth buying?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

29 93.55%
  • No

0 0%
  • Only if

1 3.23%
  • Zero Interest

1 3.23%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: MP-19 Masterpiece Smokescreen

The front end's quite similar to the Electramotive Datsun #38/83 that Smokescreen is based on

Here's Maz's article
    http://www.tf-1.com/articles/pretf_f...rt=smokesample

Yeah i've seen that before.
    It's a bit hard to tell from the photos of the real car, but the inclusion of grill stickers on G1 Smokescreen seems to imply the real car had a grill in the space at the front as well.

I think they rush his release and just didn't bother about the front grill , same with the back lights... plus they where making it to a more cartoon accurate , so black mean it hollow

Maybe they just didn't account for it in the mould tree of black parts or something and realised too late.

My MP Smokescreen doesn't hold his gun properly in his right hand, but holds it fine in his left hand. I initially thought that this was an isolated problem just w/ my toy, but I've heard from at least two other people who've experienced the same issue. Has anyone else experienced this? It's not a massive problem -- it just means my Smokescreen can only hold his rifle with his left hand... but my Prowl and Bluestreak don't have this problem (they're able to hold their guns w/ equal tightness on both hands). Has anyone else encountered this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    Like others have said, i find the lack of grill on the front pretty strange though! There's obviously room for a piece in there so my first thought was that mine was missing a piece.

Can anyone think of a reason why it doesn't have the grill? I mean something like race cars not needing a grill so the engine keeps cooler? I'm just making up shit here, i don't know
    They're speed holes. Makes the car go faster.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    My MP Smokescreen doesn't hold his gun properly in his right hand, but holds it fine in his left hand. I initially thought that this was an isolated problem just w/ my toy, but I've heard from at least two other people who've experienced the same issue. Has anyone else experienced this? It's not a massive problem -- it just means my Smokescreen can only hold his rifle with his left hand... but my Prowl and Bluestreak don't have this problem (they're able to hold their guns w/ equal tightness on both hands). Has anyone else encountered this issue?

They're speed holes. Makes the car go faster.
    Mine's the same. Haven't really investigated why yet but I'll be fixing mine because all my autobots are right handed. If he's a lefty he might as well be a decepticon in my book.

Urge to buy toys... rising... rising! TERMINATED DUE TO LACK OF FUNDS

Yeah same problem with Smokescreen and Bluestreak, my Prowl on the other hand can hold his gun in either hand.

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    Yeah i've seen that before.
    It's a bit hard to tell from the photos of the real car, but the inclusion of grill stickers on G1 Smokescreen seems to imply the real car had a grill in the space at the front as well.

I agree, it would've had to have one -you wouldn't want any debris flying into the radiator, or the engine for that matter and damaging it

As for holding his gun, mine's the opposite. Both of his hands are really tight, especially the left

Cracked mine open today. very nice! Glad I read the comments about the grill beforehand, as I thought he was missing a part when I first saw it, but looking back at toy images, and even in the instructions, there is a gap there too.

Looks great. gun is nice and tight. Shoulder missiles big n bulky and the paint work is delightful.! Glad I got him! Really stands out with his strong colours too!

A must have, even over Prowl and Bluestreak.