View Poll Results: YOTH Optimus Prime - worth buying?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 42.31%
  • Only if....

9 34.62%
  • Not worth it

2 7.69%
  • Not even interested

4 15.38%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - YOTH Optimus Prime

Default Toy Review - YOTH Optimus Prime

(Please post comments, photos or even a fully comprehensive review - these are just some brief details to start you off)

OPTIMUS PRIME
    Series - Platinum
    Sub-line - Year of the Horse
    Size/class - none (Masterpiece)
    New/remould/redeco - Redeco
    Wave - n/a (number 12 of Anniversary 30)
    Released here - scheduled for May 2014 (ToysRUs) (out in Asia & Europe December 2013 - In America Feb/March)
    Approximate Retail Price - AU$130 (earlier version was AU$150) US$130 (TRU) US$120 (BBTS)
    Approximate Size - 24cm (robot), 45cm (truck & trailer)
    Allegiance - Autobot
    Alt-mode - Semi Truck w/ trailer
    Main Features/Gimmicks - Trailer converts to battle station, Matrix of Leadership fits in chest, Snap-on Energon axe, Ion cannon storage.
    Main Colours - Red, blue, gold, dark grey, transparent white, transparent blue.
    Main Accessories - Gun, axe, Matrix, Roller, Spike.*

*NOTE - Platinum Optimus does NOT include the Roller and Spike accessories of the earlier Masterpiece Optimus & Convoy.

NOTE - original MP Optimus review can be found here, and the JP version can be found here.

A couple of comparison images to add...

YOTH Optimus with Trailer Vs Original Version Optimus with MP1 Optimus Trailer (sleep Convoy version).... to show that the YOTH Trailer is a bit too plain without the blue striping on the side. It looks like one of those transparent "lunchtime specials" that showed up on ebay about 10 years ago with the Reissue Optimus toy.

The pair of Optimus and Starscream as they were received and removed from packaging...

just looking at him properly ....wished they did all the silver bit on him gold also , especially the silver strip on the side of the truck and under his chest...which could lead to the stripe on the trailer in gold as well

i'd prefer him all gold - golden lagoon style.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiden View Post
    i'd prefer him all gold - golden lagoon style.
    yeah that be hectic !! I love them all gold chrome edition !!

Picked this up on sale in Singapore. He's my cabin baggage for the flight home tomorrow. RRP in Singapore was $199, so about $180AU, but I found him at Isetan for 20% off, so about S$160, or about AU$145(?), with a tax refund to come tomorrow. Happy with him for that price, but given the prices that we're hearing from TRU AU, I'd expect hem to bump up the price before release.

In addition, the box says it's by Hasbro Australia from memory. It's bagged up for travel tomorrow so I can't check now, but interesting, eh?

The "Hasbro Australia" bit is standard on Hasbro packaging, just in case a toy gets release here it has the contact details on there.

Cheers Griffin,

Unpacked it today and the axe is totally deformed, which is a bummer. Anyone know any suggestions for getting a replacement? Otherwise I guess I'll order another...

Quote Originally Posted by millhouse View Post
    Cheers Griffin,

Unpacked it today and the axe is totally deformed, which is a bummer. Anyone know any suggestions for getting a replacement? Otherwise I guess I'll order another...
    have you try contacting the vender you bought it from?... also if it soft plastic then try a hair dryer to heat it up and it should go back to normal ....

Quote Originally Posted by lancalot View Post
    have you try contacting the vender you bought it from?... also if it soft plastic then try a hair dryer to heat it up and it should go back to normal ....
    Picked it up in Singapore from a department store, so I don't like my chances!

Tried that, and it actually shrunk!