Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 123456781323 ... LastLast

Thread: MP-20 Wheeljack images and info

It shows there's a bit of interest in it, so worth being a release if it is no longer an obscurity.

I would consider getting a Malboor MP Wheeljack if the price was right. Although I'd like to see them create it as a wholly new character instead of just "Hyperspeed Wheeljack." That's something that I enjoyed with the eHobby 'Transformerised' reissues of Diaclone/Microman toys.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I would consider getting a Malboor MP Wheeljack if the price was right. Although I'd like to see them create it as a wholly new character instead of just "Hyperspeed Wheeljack."
    I'd like that too actually, have his boxart drawn with him chewin' on a Cy-gar.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    I'd like that too actually, have his boxart drawn with him chewin' on a Cy-gar.
    Considering he doesn't have a mouth, that would be quite a feat
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

That would be funny, and an in-joke for fans to replace the cigarette wording/logo decos... even if they had to create a mouth to do it.
    But it would have to be exclusive to Japan for the "adult collectable market" - because Hasbro HK wouldn't wouldn't risk the publicity of appearing to promote smoking on a kids toy.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Considering he doesn't have a mouth, that would be quite a feat
    He's a robot dude, when has not having a mouth ever stopped them?

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    But it would have to be exclusive to Japan for the "adult collectable market" - because Hasbro HK wouldn't wouldn't risk the publicity of appearing to promote smoking on a kids toy.
    For sure, definitely - You sure Hasbro HK wouldn't though?, I could understand the US Offices not liking it.

He's a robot dude, when has not having a mouth ever stopped them?
    Thanks to IDW Orion Pax retractable mouth plates are G1 cannon.

If Philip Morris allows the use of the red white chevron logo on a toy I will saute and eat my hat.

Ciggy companies have even gone back to vintage race cars and removed or replaced brand logos.

For sure, definitely - You sure Hasbro HK wouldn't though?, I could understand the US Offices not liking it.
    The toys would have the Hasbro logo on them, which would mean the bad publicity would come back to Hasbro headquarters (America).
    At least if it was a TakaraTomy product, the media and "proactive" parents might try to stir up an issue by way of the "Transformers" Brand, but easily deflected by Hasbro as they can just point out that it isn't their Transformers.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The toys would have the Hasbro logo on them, which would mean the bad publicity would come back to Hasbro headquarters (America).
    At least if it was a TakaraTomy product, the media and "proactive" parents might try to stir up an issue by way of the "Transformers" Brand, but easily deflected by Hasbro as they can just point out that it isn't their Transformers.
    Heh, yep - you're dead right you know; I guess we could always hold-out for an Unofficial cy-gar themed head-sculpt, failing TakTom's preparedness.