This one is quite fun.

I like how the designers might've had a different mentality going in. Unlike Grimlock or Blackout which really didn't have any screen-accurate figures before, Optimus has had 'aplenty, and not only one, but two molds that could well be the "definitive" toy version for the character. So they just went: "alright how do we make this one different? instead of trying to do much at the Voyager price point.

The truck mode is definitely the weaker of two but by no means is it bad. Has all the right visual elements there. The clip on wheels are just unfortunate and with the hollow bits they still don't look right with hubcaps painted. This and the red fuel tank hinges give the truck mode a very toyish look. And damn this thing is small! not much bigger than a Deluxe figure. Then again if you collect the whole series and get Starscream you'd probably get your money's worth between the two.

I can never tire of FE Optimus' transformation so I don't mind the borrow elements in engineering at all, and it makes sense to use that design here.

The'bot has a great silhouette, except for the backpack. Honestly I thought the backpack would bother me more until I see this toy on the shelf and it just doesn't look as egregious as some the earlier photos make it. The sort of muted colors also look good in person and I agree with one of the youtube reviewers (sorry forgot name) they kind of give Optimus a dirty/weathered look just like how he was in the forest battle scene. Articulation is incredible for its size. The swords actually do look like they're an extension of his arms which another nice touch.

I never bought/liked the Battle Blade Optimus mold as I felt it was just a down scaled ROTF Leader. The SS Optimus is a nice desk top/carry around toy and fills the Optimus spot in the Studio Series quite competently IMO.